ESPN2? PBS? What's going on?

True, though I think the 1/4 and semi live shows are only going into their second year, to pick yet another nit(?????)

Nah, I am fairly certain that the QF theater gig has been around since at least 2004. I know that there was a kid in my corps then that blew off a corps trip to Rhode Island to catch the show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's right...duh! I remember going for goodness sakes.

CRS is a #####, isn't it!

<-- Afflicted.

:angry:

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

I'm not sure how long the live streaming has been going on, but the theatre presentation of quarterfinals goes back to 2004.

I miss the full show presentation on PBS, too. I remember going to finals in 1980, flying home Sunday morning, and getting home to California in time to watch it on the LA PBS station. Plus, ther were all the guest commentators. Some really got it, and some were clueless. Better still was Pete Emmons having to put up with clueless hosts! :angry:

Garry in Vegas

Garry, Are you talking about Barbara Hunter? Great gal to look at and a good TV voice, but I agree she had no clue what was going on. Where did they get her from? I heard she was an LA Tv personality. And of course, Gene Rayburn and his wife made me feel like I was watching the Macy's Day thanksgiving parade. I still have all the uncut footage and I have to break it out every now and then. Carmine was little out there too, but to have Rob McConnell talk over every performance in 82 was the absolute worse! I liked the professionalism of Jim Peck in 79. Thought he could have retained for a while longer. As much as I miss the full finals on PBS, I think I miss all day semis on Fridays and then having Friday night to do, well whatever floats your boat...ah, those Friday nights in Montreal!

PPV can work...I almost guarantee it. A Live PPV broadcast would be perfect and the price can be very manageable. I have detailed my plan in the past. I wonder if the power-that-be have contemplated that idea.

I miss the full show presentation on PBS, too. I remember going to finals in 1980, flying home Sunday morning, and getting home to California in time to watch it on the LA PBS station. Plus, ther were all the guest commentators. Some really got it, and some were clueless. Better still was Pete Emmons having to put up with clueless hosts! :angry:

Garry in Vegas

So that was YOU I saw in the B'ham airport that morning !!! (flew out that same day !)

Finals on PBS was the best. Top 12, top 6, whatever - it's great exposure, and worthwhile community programming. I thought ESPN was neat exposure, but more people get PBS... though fewer people watch it.

Anyway, no public broadcast means fewer new fans. :angry:

Do we have theatre locations for the 1/4 finals yet? I haven't run across any.

PPV can work...I almost guarantee it. A Live PPV broadcast would be perfect and the price can be very manageable. I have detailed my plan in the past. I wonder if the power-that-be have contemplated that idea.

DCI, get on the ball with this idea.

If its managable, do it #### it!

:angry: