petition to fire Marie Czapinski!

am i the only person here who finds it ironic that the only thing that p###es you guys off more than score slottings is when the scores fail to slot properly?

we need a petition to fire all the judges and go with a jury panel like piano competitions have. award first second and third, and special honors in specific categories when relevant. and no scores, when have they ever been objective or relevant to what happens on the field? a crowd noise measurement would be more accurate than a typical judging recap, and most of the people in the crowd are idiots. what does that tel you?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAc has been consistently placing higher than Bluecoats and until the last 2 shows Cadets in GE visual at shows they have been at together! To have them behind everyone except Pioneer is Absolutely Absurd! Hell Overall their GE scores were consistenly top 4 overall until now! And they have been at shows with Bluecoats, Cadets, and Cavies!

it is stuff like this that makes people upset with the activity. They need to at least make it LOOK fair! To dump someone that bad just make it obvious you have a problem with them!

How would you like to be a DCI judge? Low pay, long hours, and you can NEVER make everybody happy. I was there last night. BAC is a corps I love, but, last night........ I don't know. Is is possible the earlier season scores were too high??

She had Pioneer 1.2 points behind Boston last night in her caption., for heavens sake

This 1.2 point differential was LESS than the point differential in this caption between Boston and Glassmen. and the same 1.2 behind Blue Stars.

Nothing against Pioneer, but Ms. Czapinski frankly must have be feeling under the weather last night if she thought Pioneer was closer to Boston in her caption she was judging last night than Boston was to Corps like Glassmen, Blue Stars.

My guess, Ms. Czapinski was coming down with a fever, cold or something and it was effecting her judgement.

Boston beat the Cadets in this caption less than 5 days before.

How does one go from beating the Cadets.......

to barely beating Pioneer in the same caption 5 days later ?

This is mostly a design judged caption. Not a performance generated caption, if you understand the judging captions, HockeyDad.

Man, where were people when Czapinski was screwing corps the last 2 years

Sometimes its the straw that breaks the camels back! Wether it was BAC, or any other corps, and there have been others that have been hosed. A bad night is one thing, getting torpedoed is another. Maybe the judge had a bad night ? Maybe a corps had a ba night! Judges are not paid to have bad nights, or whatever else they may have in their traveling bag! Corps management do not publicly criticise decisions made by judges for fear of being sent to the showers!

These descrepancies in judging have been lingering for years, and it is time to scrutinize and rank the judges, and weed out the suspect and marginal performers, just like professional sport governing bodies do! Every corps on that field should not have to worry about anything other than the best results from the best show they perform!

Boston beat the Cadets in this caption less than 5 days before.

How does one go from beating the Cadets.......

to barely beating Pioneer in the same caption 5 days later ?

This is mostly a design judged caption. Not a performance generated caption, if you understand the judging captions, HockeyDad.

From what I saw, no way should BAC be beating Cadets in this caption. No way. So maybe their scores from 5 days earlier were way too high.

Maybe the score should be somewhere in the middle, between where they were scored 5 days ago, and where they were scored last night.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for taking a shot at me. I see you couldn't help yourself.. Do YOU understand the judging captions? If so, why aren't you judging?

You can "design" the best dots in the world. But if you go out and miss them, you're saying it should have no effect on score? You don't even need to take the field, and your score should already be assigned? Riiiight

How many of you have judged at the DCI level? WGI? BOA? For all of you that have "posted" - were you at the shows in question, did you see all groups in question, did you study the recap and look at the subcaptions? Take a look at the performance order at the shows in question. Competition Dynamics...if you don't know what I am talking about, ask a judge.

This is a repost from another thread but applies to this discussion as well.

Correct me if I am wrong but a total GE score is made up of rep. which is how it is written and perf which is the performance. even if BAC was complete crap last night there is no logical way that their rep score would be justified as low as it was. they have been getting really high scores all season so far in Rep and performance. whitout rewriting the show over night how does that drop so low?

From what I saw, no way should BAC be beating Cadets in this caption. No way. So maybe their scores from 5 days earlier were way too high.

Maybe the score should be somewhere in the middle, between where they were scored 5 days ago, and where they were scored last night.

Their scores five days earlier might have been too high for you!

BAc has been consistently placing higher than Bluecoats and until the last 2 shows Cadets in GE visual at shows they have been at together! To have them behind everyone except Pioneer is Absolutely Absurd! Hell Overall their GE scores were consistenly top 4 overall until now! And they have been at shows with Bluecoats, Cadets, and Cavies!

it is stuff like this that makes people upset with the activity. They need to at least make it LOOK fair! To dump someone that bad just make it obvious you have a problem with them!

Doesn't upset me. It's about time we saw some variety to the "oh, they came in Xth place last year, so they must be good" judging. I found BC's visual to be boring and repetitive last night. If I was judging, I just might have put them there too. Just because they were a finalist last year does not automatically mean they have a great show. In 40+ years of drum corps, I've seen alot of shows and, frankly, that one just did not do it for me.

Keep Marie, and let's wake the rest of the judges up from their "slotting" comas.

(PS: I judged a litle back in the 80's, so I know of what I speak).

Edited by noneofyourbusiness