petition to fire Marie Czapinski!

But thats just it...BAC has been placed in that elite group since the season started with their scoring. This placement however removes them from that elite group and drops them back down in the rat race. You yourself have confirmed everyones point in an attempt to disuade our arguments. how can you take a corps that has established themselves and kick them back to the curb? No offense to Pioneer but I dont' think anyone here would argue that there is a considerable gab between Pioneer and BAC right now.

...and it's equally likely that the prior head-to-head comparisons were incorrect. But no one seems to want to hold those judges accountable for having the gall to place Boston close to Cadets.

Note that I was merely trying answer the question about swings in the non-top 6,and not really comment on the issue at hand.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and it's equally likely that the prior head-to-head comparisons were incorrect. But no one seems to want to hold those judges accountable for having the gall to place Boston close to Cadets.

Note that I was merely trying answer the question about swings in the non-top 6,and not really comment on the issue at hand.

Well, if all the previous judges were wrong in their numbers then she should still be fired cause she trained them! If that is the kind of training that is going on and we are getting numbers that are that far off them we need a new chief vis judge!

I don't know how long you've been following this activity, HockeyDad, but the answer is.....

30 years, this summer. You?

If every corps placed in the same place every night and every year, how incredibly boring that would be. I said that, perhaps, the true placement for BAC in this caption should be in the middle between where they scored 5 days ago and when they scored last night. You concede nothing, and make yourself look like nothing like a homer who can't see through your BAC-colored glasses.

Yeah, BAC was nothing special last night. Maybe they had an off night.

This is a bit off topic, but I marvel at the furor created by one subscore that wouldn't have changed the placements anyway. BACMom has it right when she says the corps will bounce back if the score was an anomaly.

This is the most entertaining BAC show in years, it has no hope of medaling but should have no fear of dropping out of finals, and comes on the heels of what I've heard is a staff turnover that had potential to impose real setbacks on the corps, and instead of celebrating the season and the corps, one bad caption score has ruined things forever (for a day or two). I don't get it. Love life; love drum corps; love BAC.

The judge in question is a fact of life in DCI, with both detractors AND supporters. Get over it.

KUDOS TO YOU MARIE......

LETS BE HONEST IN JUNE THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT EVERY CORPS IS DURING EVERYTHING TO THE LEVEL AT WHICH THE ARE A CUSTOM TO.....

IT IS COMPLETELY LOGICAL BOSTON COULD HAVE HAD A BAD NIGHT IT HAPPENS... SPECIALLY THIS EARLY...... EVERY CORPS CAN DO SOMETHING AMAZING/CRAPPY IN ANY SUBCAPTION ON ANY GIVEN DAY......

THE FACT THAT MUST SHOWS ALL THE CAPTIONS FALL IN LINE IS PRETTY MUCH UNREALISTIC... REALLY IT IS.... ESPECIALLY IN JUNE.....

IT TAKES A JUDGE WITH BALLACKS TO CALL IT HOW IT IS.....

MAYBE YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT SOMETIMES WE DONT LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH.....

BUT THE FACT IS THAT MARIE HAS JUDGE 945,123,123,867,090,098,001 SHOWS....

AND MANY AT CAMP RANDALL..... SHE AINT SCARED OF BEING UNPOPULAR....

MARIE KUDOS TO HAVING BALLACKS....

BTW....

THE RECAP WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE....

AS WELL IT SHOULD.....

Boston's always been pretty strong visually, if they're going to be an upper tier corps in any caption one night, it should be Visual. Now if we're talking brass, then I'd agree with you.

KUDOS TO YOU MARIE......

LETS BE HONEST IN JUNE THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT EVERY CORPS IS DURING EVERYTHING TO THE LEVEL AT WHICH THE ARE A CUSTOM TO.....

IT IS COMPLETELY LOGICAL BOSTON COULD HAVE HAD A BAD NIGHT IT HAPPENS... SPECIALLY THIS EARLY...... EVERY CORPS CAN DO SOMETHING AMAZING/CRAPPY IN ANY SUBCAPTION ON ANY GIVEN DAY......

THE FACT THAT MUST SHOWS ALL THE CAPTIONS FALL IN LINE IS PRETTY MUCH UNREALISTIC... REALLY IT IS.... ESPECIALLY IN JUNE.....

IT TAKES A JUDGE WITH BALLACKS TO CALL IT HOW IT IS.....

MAYBE YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT SOMETIMES WE DONT LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH.....

BUT THE FACT IS THAT MARIE HAS JUDGE 945,123,123,867,090,098,001 SHOWS....

AND MANY AT CAMP RANDALL..... SHE AINT SCARED OF BEING UNPOPULAR....

MARIE KUDOS TO HAVING BALLACKS....

BTW....

THE RECAP WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE....

AS WELL IT SHOULD.....

I'm going to ignore the fact that this post is a complete abortion and actually respond to it

Czapinski doesn't exactly call it like it is, so to speak. It isn't uncommon that judges don't like certain corps, or just like to give corps crap numbers. Do you people really think all the DCI judges are honest good people without agendas or vendettas? You also probably think politicians care about you too, but that's another argument for another day.

For the record, I watched Boston's show from last night, it was pretty #### dirty, so MAYBE they deserved 11th, I don't know, I'd have to watch all the shows which I'm not really in the mood to do. Maybe later.

Well, if all the previous judges were wrong in their numbers then she should still be fired cause she trained them! If that is the kind of training that is going on and we are getting numbers that are that far off them we need a new chief vis judge!

Whoa... I live my life as a lurker and don't reply often, but this is one of those times.

Marie is not just good, she is an extremely fine judge. We need more people so dedicated...

Now about BAC... I have seen them twice live and I have wondered where the scores were coming from other than clean early. Was told directly by a couple of judges that they may hit trouble in big stadiums and further into the season due to variety and demand limitations...

I have been a Boston fan since that mighty little corps of 1977 blew me away... This drill works, ensemble will be ok... But it has a serious cap built in due to variety and demand and they need to address it. IMO

I hope that they do because I really enjoy the show and would love to see them succeed!

Now, let's get this straight....

It is not Marie's fault!

George Hopkins is not the Anti-christ!

DCI is not dead.

Score will fluctuate.

The season will go on...

Someone will be happy in Indy and someone will not.

Let's leave all of the personal stuff aside and let the kids and staffs do their thing while we cheer madly for every group.

Edited by rhilton

Whoa... I live my life as a lurker and don't reply often, but this is one of those times.

Marie is not just good, she is an extremely fine judge. We need more people so dedicated...

Now about BAC... I have seen them twice live and I have wondered where the scores were coming from other than clean early. Was told directly by a couple of judges that they may hit trouble in big stadiums and further into the season due to variety and demand limitations...

I have been a Boston fan since that mighty little corps of 1977 blew me away... This drill works, ensemble will be ok... But it has a serious cap built in due to variety and demand and they need to address it. IMO

I hope that they do because I really enjoy the show and would love to see them succeed!

Now, let's get this straight....

It is not Marie's fault!

George Hopkins is not the Anti-christ!

DCI is not dead.

Score will fluctuate.

The season will go on...

Someone will be happy in Indy and someone will not.

Let's leave all of the personal stuff aside and let the kids and staffs do their thing while we cheer madly for every group.

I too do not reply often....

Funny, I didn't think they were overly dirty, maybe I missed something. As for your inside sources in the judging community, I actually would rather not have judges giving foreshadowing critiques. Time will tell, I hope BAC can continue on a path to what seems to be a great season. From what BAC insiders have posted, the kids are having a great time with the show! And after all isn't that what is improtant?

I did find them to be one of the better corps last night, and was quite surprised by their GE Visual score. Everybody must remember judging is subjective, and not every judge sees a show the same way.

Okay, I am a Troopers guy so I'll tell you what I've seen recently.

Hutchinson, KS the score was a 78.00 somethin'

The next show which was just as good if not better dropped to somewhere around a 72 or 73 in Denver.

This year the Troopers are WAY better than last year. But, their first score was a....

58.somethin'

The next show comes along and they get a 63.somethin'

How could there be that kind of a difference from one day to the next. I just don't think these people know how to judge anything. I'm 25 years old and think we should use the tick system. Cut and dry. No more of this touchy feely BS. "Oh we want to give everybody a chance.." Shut up and judge! In drum corps we've all heard that consistency creates results. Maybe the judges should start thinking about that within their system.

Mike