Anyone know the real answer...

Why was the show in Madison to the back side? There was no work being done to the front side. Dan Acheson said that it would accommodate the smaller crowd. I don't understand this. The back is 70 rows high, just like the lower deck in front. So, really, why was the back side used?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well they built all those fancy suites over on the other side. I'm sure Dan Acheson wanted to sit in a comfy armchair and eat bon bons while looking thru the glass :)

Ha I have no clue. Looked really weird with that M out on the field though.

well they built all those fancy suites over on the other side. I'm sure Dan Acheson wanted to sit in a comfy armchair and eat bon bons while looking thru the glass :)

he may have wanted to, but he was busy working!!! we noticed this and assume there must have been something really wrong going on....seriously, when was the last time Dan worked at a show??

he may have wanted to, but he was busy working!!! we noticed this and assume there must have been something really wrong going on....seriously, when was the last time Dan worked at a show??

He looked busy enough when I saw him in Normal a few nights ago.

Why was the show in Madison to the back side? There was no work being done to the front side. Dan Acheson said that it would accommodate the smaller crowd. I don't understand this. The back is 70 rows high, just like the lower deck in front. So, really, why was the back side used?

:doh:

I heard something lame like..."It's to keep the sun out of the eyes of the performers".

Well, I guess with as much sense as THAT makes, I just remember doing late afternoon prelims in DeKalb with the sun sitting right on top of the GE box..I guess that sunglasses would inhibit marching or ...something.

All I can say is that the way the wind was blowing around the stadium, I don't think it would have made any difference..BUT...it probably made better sense with the way they had corps going in and out from the field. They could keep things moving better. :tongue:

Pat

P.S. - I gave a good natured jab at Dan Acheson during the afternoon..asking him if it was his issue with rain that was causing all the problems...Iowa, Indy, Bloomington, Stillwater (where he attended..to the surprize of many) and then Madison... :tongue: He chuckled..

I told him it'll only get better..(we can only hope)

I assumed it was a sun issue..........but it did look odd to have the big red letter in the middle of the field present backwards.