Madison's Comeback Plan

What Should Madison Do To Make It To Finals?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Madison's In-Season Comeback Plan

• Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse!
    • Add more difficulty to the drill
    • Drop the current Show and debut new show entitled "Shutup - I am a Punk: A Retrospective Tribute to Avril Lavigne"
    • Return to old uniforms
    • Withhold all food to the Corps until they score over 68
    • Add live Iguanas to the show
    • Pray
    • There isn't much hope. It's another rebuilding year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Close this stupid ### thread. 3 posts and you are an expert? DCP is hitting rock bottom today.

Yes, he is an expert. Only an expert would know about the 'iguana' strategy. I know in 2006 we employed live white rabbits to motivate us to run back to our sets faster. It worked great!

I can't believe I actually have to write this, but I wrote this thread in a spirit of humor. Over the past two years, I have read so many posts about Madison and their current situation, I wanted to make fun of it. I meant no ill will towards Madison.

Let's all take a breathe and relax.

Drum Corps is important, but it isn't important enough to allow us to be rude to one another. I never said I was an expert. Just someone that loves Drum Corps and believes in it's magic and power, yet capable to realize that (to me) the purpose of Drum Corps isn't arguing over .05 GE scores, drill design, or changes in uniforms. It is about the ability Drum Corps has to impact lives - whether for an evening at a show or for a lifetime as a marching member.

Having said all of that, I think Madison would have a finals appearance locked up with they went with "Shut Up - I Am A Punk: A Retrospective Tribute to Avril Lavagne" Can you imagine how sweet that would be? I actually think "Girlfriend" could have some interesting low brass moments, not to mention what the guard could do to bring the story to life. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year.

:rolleyes:

Last year the corps came out lower than expected and people were writing the obituary about them not being in Semifinals. Then they started moving up and there were threads about them potentially making Finals.

I spent time with their director on Sunday. The members are cohesive, working hard and optimistic.

I'm pulling for them and I believe most or all others are as well.

The good thing is the organization is solid, on the right track and focused on the future. Everything else will follow.

Two years before I marched my first year and one year after, my corps did not make Finals. In both circumstances, people were writing my alma mater's obituary. For those that don't know, I marched The Cavaliers.

Madison Scouts will be back competitively and will entertain us for years to come.

Last year the corps came out lower than expected and people were writing the obituary about them not being in Semifinals. Then they started moving up and there were threads about them potentially making Finals.

I spent time with their director on Sunday. The members are cohesive, working hard and optimistic.

I'm pulling for them and I believe most or all others are as well.

The good thing is the organization is solid, on the right track and focused on the future. Everything else will follow.

Two years before I marched my first year and one year after, my corps did not make Finals. In both circumstances, people were writing my alma mater's obituary. For those that don't know, I marched The Cavaliers.

Madison Scouts will be back competitively and will entertain us for years to come.

You got that right. In 1978, the corps didn't make finals and then in '79 made 11th. A lot of people felt that the end of the Cavaliers was near. Now look at them, several DCI titles and always a contender. Didn't the same thing happen with the Cadets back in the 1970s? Scouts will be back.

They're having a identity crisis among their other problems.

They need to go back to being the Scouts in whatever way that was defined in the past, including staff and administration.

Oh, and those uniforms have to go ... I didn't think they could top last year in the bad uni department, but ... owwww ... they did.

You got that right. In 1978, the corps didn't make finals and then in '79 made 11th. A lot of people felt that the end of the Cavaliers was near. Now look at them, several DCI titles and always a contender. Didn't the same thing happen with the Cadets back in the 1970s? Scouts will be back.

Blue Stars have not made finals for 29 years and look at them now, kicking in the door.

Ok, bad example. I am not wishing a 29 year drought on the Scouts.

Yes Mike, but what I notice you did NOT point out was that we had to carve that obituary in stone. So much easier to write obits today.