All Girl corps

The Monroe County Girls were perhaps the most famous non-competition junior corps. They appeared on national television many times doing NFL halftime shows, Macy's Parade, etc. They even made a 45 rpm record of their show, which sold several thousand copies around 1970-71. They were active until the mid-1970s.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kemo our corps ( Glassmen ) in the early 70s , 1970 or 1971 merged with the Sandusy Eaglettes Jack Bravard

was the Eaglettes director at the time and Frank Avenelle was our director , at the time our name was the

" Glass City Optimist " Smitty . Just a little trivia . :hmmm:

I knew that Smitty. But I remember the Maumee Suns as well as the Demons too. It was nice to see you recognized at Family Day by Brian. GMen have a hell of a show this year. (my son is marching with them).

What about my local favorite, the Audobon Bon-Bons!

Loved the cowgirl outfits!

Audubon Bon Bons:

One of THE "Great All Girls Units", that, in their heyday MORE than held theeir own against the giant killers of the era. In a state that boasted four or five National Contenders, (New Jersey of the 1950's & 60's) the Bon Bons managed to defeat such title holders as Blessed Sacrament, Holy Name-Garfield, St Josephs Cadets and St Vincents.

They also had a drum line that won the quartet championship at the '57 Nationals, as well as Rita Macey, who won the Indie Snare tiitle beating out sone of the greatest MALE drummers in the junior activity. :thumbup:

They are much missed by me...

Elphaba