All Girl corps

All girls corps in Canada from 1969 program, Girls A and B from Quebec and Ontario

1969-09-06-a.jpg

Other all girls corps from Ontario and Quebec not listed above

Bandettes

Belles of St. Johns

Durham Girls

Les Marionettes de Montmagny

Sarnia Lionettes

Ventures

Alberta had Edmonton Girls Marching Ambassadors

Calgary White Airs All Girl

Alberta All Girls (which started as a band in 70, about a year later Drum and Bugle corps till 80, winter guard only till 89 and then a 'Las Vegas style' show band, dance, sing thing early 90’s but that’s off topic) btw both Alberta Girls and Edmonton Girls went to Europe, different times though, not together. Probably more corps but that’s all I have. Where's Wendy? :lol:

Edit: I might ask the alumni for some of the show girls promos, might be useful on another thread or find a dinosaur photo :hmmm:

Edited by lindap

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Praesidium Vanguard Riverview, Michigan

I remember Praesidium from Riverview as I marched with Lancers. But I don't think they ever had "Vanguard" in their name. How about the Port Clinton Sweethearts and Sandusky Eaglelettes from Ohio? We competed with them as well as Lionettes and Praesidium back in the day.

Ventures were around and successful for some time, winning Division II in 89 (I think they won some other years as well, but I can't recall off hand). In the mid-90's the merged with Kiwanis Kavaliers.

My mother marched ventures in 86. If im told correctly they won in their division that year as well.

About once a year I post a thread asking DCP's opinion on wether an all girls corps could survive today's drum corps scene. The thread usually lasts one day and fades into obscurity after gathering limited views and a few responses. The lack of interest on a fan site like this makes me believe interest in the "outside world" is non-existent.

I for one would love to see an all girl corps start up. Even though community corps are really no longer viable at the top competitive levels, the current model of drawing students from a whole region (or nation or even internationally) could populate a corps with at least 100 motivated talented women. I'll buy a lottery ticket today with this goal in mind.

I remember Praesidium from Riverview as I marched with Lancers. But I don't think they ever had "Vanguard" in their name. How about the Port Clinton Sweethearts and Sandusky Eaglelettes from Ohio? We competed with them as well as Lionettes and Praesidium back in the day.

I know this pic is off topic dc2.jpgbut I think KiltieKemo06 may like this one.

How many of you remember the Nee Hi's from Iowa. I remember seeing them in the very early 1970s.

I do!

How about New Day and New Dawn?

Hey Kemo our corps ( Glassmen ) in the early 70s , 1970 or 1971 merged with the Sandusy Eaglettes Jack Bravard

was the Eaglettes director at the time and Frank Avenelle was our director , at the time our name was the

" Glass City Optimist " Smitty . Just a little trivia . :hmmm:

Back in the early 70s, there was an all-girl corps in Georgia, based east of Atlanta in the town of Monroe, called the Monroe-Area All Girls Corps.

Not sure if they ever competed on the field, or if they were just a parade corps.

I saw them do a standstill one July 4th, opening for the Atlanta Pops Orchestra at Chastain Park.