Violence in Phantom's show

In Vista tonite, in Phantom's show I counted 3 deaths. 1 murder by a sword. 1 colorguard member has her throat slashed by the drum major. And a death (murder?) in the middle of the horn circle. This is for real, I'm not kidding. Does this bother anyone?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Have you ever seen Spartacus?

What's next? A drive-by because of a bad drug deal?

Doesn't bother me. However, If you're concerned about 3 mock deaths, it's a good thing they aren't doing Caligula, isn't it?

Since Clint was just on (heya Clint), how do you feel about VK and their funeral march?

What about any corps that has done Westside Story?

Sky Ryders killing the Wicked Witch?

:smile:

Doesn't bother me. However, If you're concerned about 3 mock deaths, it's a good thing they aren't doing Caligula, isn't it?

Since Clint was just on (heya Clint), how do you feel about VK and their funeral march?

What about any corps that has done Westside Story?

Sky Ryders killing the Wicked Witch?

:smile:

I don't recall the drum major slashing the throat of a colorguard member with a knife in any of those shows. Could this be a little too much? Could this be in poor taste for a family oriented event?

Okay. Since you didn't like my examples, here's a simple answer... No!

Edited by skajerk

I don't recall the drum major slashing the throat of a colorguard member with a knife in any of those shows. Could this be a little too much? Could this be in poor taste for a family oriented event?

is a throat slashing any more violent than getting shot? More visceral perhaps...

would you keep your kids from reading the bible? people getting ate by lions...crucified...stoned...

Okay. Since you didn't like my examples, here's a simple answer... No!

Would you have a problem with your 7 year old daughter seeing someone get their throat cut and asking you why the corps was doing this?

No. Because she knows that it isn't real. It's just a show. No different than the Harry Potter movies that she watches. She will see FAR worse things in her life then a mock killing in drum corps show. However, this probably won't count anyway. My daughter will be 9 next month.

Edited by skajerk