Vista, CA

One of the reasons some people don't like BD is because of the "holier than thou" attitude. I know there are some nice people in the organization, but sometimes the attitude comes out a bit too much. Just because you got it, don't mean you should flaunt it.

I like to call it confidence bordering on arrogance.

I'm not the one judging other peoples' character here anyway.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's argue about that instead :thumbup:

Okay, so if the BD are the Harvard of drum corps is SCV the Stanford? Does that make VK the Berkley of drum corps?

First off, let's not make this a BD bashing thread. That was, in part, my fault and I apologize. I've already taken that part of the thread offline and everything's chill, so let's just leave it alone.

So, corps and their colleges?

BD - Harvard? I'd say more Duke

SCV - Stanford, yeah that works. Caltech works for me too!

Phantom Regiment - more Harvard to me. Any Ivy League college would do too

The Cadets - umm...that's a tough one. Probably Berkley I guess. Pushing the envelope, innovative, not always politically correct

The Cavaliers - not sure which college is #1 right now, but it'd be that one. Yale?

I don't have enough of an imagination to do more than 5 corps or so.

First off, let's not make this a BD bashing thread. That was, in part, my fault and I apologize. I've already taken that part of the thread offline and everything's chill, so let's just leave it alone.

The Cadets - umm...that's a tough one. Probably Berkley I guess. Pushing the envelope, innovative, not always politically correct

The Cavaliers - not sure which college is #1 right now, but it'd be that one. Yale?

Disagree. VK is more Berkeley than Cadets. Berkeley is unconventional, laid-back and a little bit quirky.

Berkley

Edited by neholgate

Haha, I had no idea this would become a thing.

I agree that PR is stately and classical the way Ivys are perceived to be, but I still think BD is Harvard -- queen bee, which is not necessarily to say it's the best. But we definitely (too often?) seem always to it to set the standard.

Cavaliers would be Yale -- Harvard's fun sibling: equally good, but without as stellar a track record. For now.

I agree -- is Stanford. Ivy-quality, but sometimes overlooked.

Cadets . . . Princeton? The personalities don't match. But there's the NJ connection, and the sense of class and tradition are spot-on.

I'd equate Bluecoats and Crown with the top state universities: as good as the rest, but a bit more fun.

Edited by saxfreq1128

i say SCV is Caltech or CalPoly. that way i can still root for them. i'll never root for Stanford.

(son of two Cal grads, also two Cal Aunts, and hopes to go to Cal for grad school... :thumbup: )

Edited by Gbassman5

ITT: jealous pog collectors.

haha...