bluecaots show revisited

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because our opinions line up with those of trained professionals (AKA the DCI judging community) doesn't make everyone out to be haters. Don't be so paranoid. Not everyone is out to get the Bluecoats.

Not being paranoid. I find that particular persons posts continuously negative in several threads. I found his "more like seventh" comment to be antagonistic and unnecessary in an otherwise completely positive thread. Although, I agree that they could place seventh, as I stated earlier.

I say 6th.

And given how extremely good BD, Cavies, PR, SCV and the Cadets are this year, I'd say 6th in line is #### fine.

I love the Bluecoats this year because it's so clear to me that it was designed by a team that's on the verge of designing a championship-caliber show in the very near future. Can anyone else feel it?

It's not a '6th place' show, that's for sure. It's a top 4 show unlucky enough to have been designed the one year when it seems like every design team was at the top of its game.

Um. I marched Bluecoats.

I think right now, they're exactly where their product and their talent should be placing them and that's 7th. It's not hating, just realism. I have no doubt that they will not peak this year like they did last and they'll continue to grow through finals. They've got a hard show and a young corps where 1-4 are probably mostly seasoned vets. For the Bluecoats to be where they are already with such young people is mind-blowing. Only good things can come.

Just because our opinions line up with those of trained professionals (AKA the DCI judging community) doesn't make everyone out to be haters. Don't be so paranoid. Not everyone is out to get the Bluecoats.

Hearts and flowers. They'll be great this year. People are excited about it.

I'm a little confused..I pretty much said the same thing you did..Or maybe you meant to quote someone else? Well regardless, I agree with you.

threadshitting

The Bluecoats were MUCH better and more entertaining in Kalamazoo last night than they in Madison last weekend -- a great improvement in one week, no doubt.

Now, the key question is, can or will they be able to continue that pace of improvement each or at least most weeks for the rest of the season? If so, they might be able to get back up toward 4th like 2006 instead of 7th in 2007. From what I've seen online, they should be back-n-forth with CCrown all year, but I see BOTH of them passing Cadets. I don't know if either will catch BD or Cavies, and catching PR and SCV will be tough.

The Bluecoats' show is there for them to do it, with some tweaks here and there. A lot of work is still needed marching and drill-wise, and the lead sopranos (crap -- trumpets) have to start to take control of their shows personally instead of their shows taking control of them, if you know what I mean.

I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing them in Buffalo the Sunday before Finals. I just wish some of the other "big boys" were at that show (no Cavies, BD, SCV, PR, Cadets or CCrown).

Let's Go BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to see some of the growing reactions to the Bluecoats' show--the postings in the show forum last night were absolutely barren about them.

I would imagine that the progress of the last week or so will continue to evolve--I've not had a chance to see the show (curses upon DCI's prejudice against Mac laptops and the resulting hoops one has to jump to see a blasted webcast...) so I'm relying on the eyes and ears of the community to fill me in. I'm hoping the talent level will meld with the experience at just the right time to pull aspects together.

PHEW!!!!!!

In all honestly the first time I saw the show (via fan network) I was pretty disappointed, but after seeing Kalamazoo I have much better thoughts about the show. The score isn't quite there yet, but there is still a lot of room for improvement, so I don't think blooo will be peaking to early this year!

Way to go bloooooo!