Best on-field murder in Phantom's show?

217 members have voted

1. 1. Best Phantom murder?

• 1st guard dude (murdered by other guard dude; sword)
    • 2nd guard chick (murdered by drum major; knife)
    • 3rd guard dude (murdered by hornline; horns)

I have to wonder if 27socal has watched any of the Renegades' shows since 2003...last year particularly. I mean, a show about vampires....come on....I felt the need to bite a neck myself after watching it (ok....the neck was my wife's, it was more of a nibble, and I HARDLY need outside encouragement to go at her....work with me here).

The "Evil Trilogy" was hugely popular....their best shows, IMO....more and more people started going out to the early shows just to see them as years went by...a testament to the power of the corps.

Yet I don't recall hearing about a mass outbreak of evil behavior after their shows....not even after 04....when Evil WON the day! (the guard outfits sent some easterners into fits, tho)

Similarly, there were no orgies in the stands after the infamous Regiment moment in the 91 version of the "Bacchanale"...surely the most graphic sexual moment ever on the field (guard people popping out of their unis aside)

My God, man....grow a pair!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people are frightened by clowns or birds.............should be make sure that there is a warning in the program should they appear in a show?

Well....there go the Bridgemen, VK, and 07 Regiment..... :laughing:

Watch any opera or read any Shakespeare lately, or even read the Holy Bible? Chock full of sex, rape, murder, suicide, incest, and you could make the same argument that various famous works are "glorifying" the same

Man....I NEVER get credit for saying the same thing a few pages back! :worthy:

I have to wonder if 27socal has watched any of the Renegades' shows since 2003...last year particularly. I mean, a show about vampires....come on....I felt the need to bite a neck myself after watching it (ok....the neck was my wife's, it was more of a nibble, and I HARDLY need outside encouragement to go at her....work with me here).

TMI...................

But enjoy getting credit for being quoted. :laughing::worthy: (I keed, I keed)

Edited by PhanFan

Similarly, there were no orgies in the stands after the infamous Regiment moment in the 91 version of the "Bacchanale"...surely the most graphic sexual moment ever on the field (guard people popping out of their unis aside)

Surely someone can post the picture.

It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Someone...anyone...

Do It.

Boy. I can't wait to see Socal's reaction when a corps finally decides to do Sondheim's Assassins.

This was posted by CrunchyTenor in a another topic on 7/4

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2284698

"My only problem with Phrygia's murder is that it's not consistent with the original ballet the music comes from, or with the movie. In the movie she looks up at Spartacus on the cross, then rides off into the sunset with Peter Ustinov."

If this is true that the throat slashing is not in the original work, then why is it in the show? For cheap shock value?

For the same exact reason the makers of the movie put Spartacus on the cross and the same way Gibson tweaked history in Braveheart... to make the movie more exciting. aka: Artistic licensing. Spartacus wasn't crucified. By some accounts he died on the battlefield. By other accounts his body was never found.

Didn't you start your own whining thread about this anyway? Go and revive that one. Oh yeah. That's right. You were the only one agreeing with yourself in that one.

Edited by skajerk

Although Phrygia does not die in the ballet or the film, his wife is killed in the novel (1933). The show this year seems to be pulling from many versions of the Spartacus story, rather than just the Khachaturian ballet as the 81'/82' seasons did.

I think it's hilarious that any form of media would be blamed for real-world violence. I'm sorry but it's up to the parents to raise children right and teach them right from wrong in the face of every growing media violence. It is also their duty to seek profesional psychiatric help at signs of any mental deficiancy that would lead to mass murders such as Columbine or VTech. I don't accept that "we didn't see the signs" If you didnt see signs you weren't paying attention. Lack of attention=child neglect=child abuse.

That being said, i cant imagine a live drumcorps show showing violence so gratuitous and graphic as to rival say the Saw Films. Completely different level used to tell a significant historical story.

Also someone said earlier. I definitely prefer field violence to overnarration.