DCI "standings" after 7/6

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been too long. I can feel it. 2008 finals would be a great achievement.

Something else to consider is that their next show isn't for another week in Ogden, just before Denver. Once they return to competition, I expect they'll be right back in that mix with Colts, Blue Stars and Glassmen.

Good point. IMO it looks like 9-12 are Blue Stars, Glassmen, Colts, and Knights, although you can't count

out Spirit or the Xmen.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

If my recollection is right, 1995 was the last time the Troopers were in Semis. Is this the year they move back in? That has me excited.

So where is all this so-called "west coast inflation" I keep hearing about?

Shhhhhh...It's only a fact when it happens..Not when it doesn't..Don't you remember?? :tongue:

I think 1-11 are safe for finals. 12th place seems to be the one up for grabs.

9-11 or as unsafe as that coveted 12th spot! Spirit, Crossmen, and Madison aren't just trying to get 12th! Congratulations to all the corps on their current placements, but "ain't nobody safe." Drum corps season is more like a marathon than a sprint--well yall get my point!

Anyone a drummer here that would be able to shed some light on the recaps for me? Just wondering if the Colts Drum Line should be where they are score wise. I know they have had the same judge for the past 2 shows and just wanted another opinion.

Question.....I know some of the corps just started competing with groups that have already been out on the road for a couple of weeks. Is that normal? And is it fair? When we get down to the finals, are the scores from the season averaged or is it just whoever's at the top when the finals begin? I hope I'm not going to step on anyone's toes....I'm just not very familiar with the system and was wondering.

Question.....I know some of the corps just started competing with groups that have already been out on the road for a couple of weeks. Is that normal? And is it fair? When we get down to the finals, are the scores from the season averaged or is it just whoever's at the top when the finals begin? I hope I'm not going to step on anyone's toes....I'm just not very familiar with the system and was wondering.

Corps can choose to do a reduced tour to save costs. In general, they'll join up with the rest of the tour when it's convenient or the major Regionals begin.

Last year, Quarterfinals performance order was based on an average of every major weekend's scores. There was some controversy because corps that did a full tour went on before corps that did a partial tour when any realistic measurement would have changed things. (Troop/Mandarins). This summer, it's not that big of a deal. There's only one corps that isn't participating in a major event weekend (Academy) and that's for only one week.

These things change from year to year. I want to know how they're going to determine performance orders for Denver/Orlando, San Antonio, Atlanta, etc.

Corps can choose to do a reduced tour to save costs. In general, they'll join up with the rest of the tour when it's convenient or the major Regionals begin.

Last year, Quarterfinals performance order was based on an average of every major weekend's scores. There was some controversy because corps that did a full tour went on before corps that did a partial tour when any realistic measurement would have changed things. (Troop/Mandarins). This summer, it's not that big of a deal. There's only one corps that isn't participating in a major event weekend (Academy) and that's for only one week.

These things change from year to year. I want to know how they're going to determine performance orders for Denver/Orlando, San Antonio, Atlanta, etc.

Thank you! I learned something new tonight!