Blue Stars 08 = Boston 99?

In '99 Boston was extremely clean with a very safe and well programmed show. The only glaring weakness that year was the inexperience and writing in the guard. The corps as a whole performed the snot out of what they were given though.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging does not cater to a conspiracy on who "should be" in finals this year. Back when the Blue Stars did not make finals in 80, North Star did. Who had the better show? Was there a push to get North Star in? No, we were arrogant. Yes, I said it. We were. Then we have not seen finals since. This corps is hungry, and deserving.

The end crowns the work

Judging does not cater to a conspiracy on who "should be" in finals this year. Back when the Blue Stars did not make finals in 80, North Star did. Who had the better show? Was there a push to get North Star in? No, we were arrogant. Yes, I said it. We were. Then we have not seen finals since. This corps is hungry, and deserving.

The end crowns the work

No offense, but did you march in 1980? I did, and we were far from arrogant. We struggled early because we did not do a first tour. We never really caught up. We knew it was close going into prelims and drawing the last prelims spot on a hot afternoon immediately following a hotter 27th Lancers did us in. It certainly was not arrogance.

No offense, but did you march in 1980? I did, and we were far from arrogant. We struggled early because we did not do a first tour. We never really caught up. We knew it was close going into prelims and drawing the last prelims spot on a hot afternoon immediately following a hotter 27th Lancers did us in. It certainly was not arrogance.

Non taken, and please don't be offended by my comments. I did not march 80, but did march with many members from 80. That was some of their assessments. Paying homage to Mcjordansc.

Non taken, and please don't be offended by my comments. I did not march 80, but did march with many members from 80. That was some of their assessments. Paying homage to Mcjordansc.

I don't want to come off as too harsh, so my apologizes if I did, but I remember a fairly hard working corps in 1980. We were much less experienced than 1979 and to some degree not pushed quite as hard by the staff. Unfortunately, it caught up with us that year.

I don't want to come off as too harsh, so my apologizes if I did, but I remember a fairly hard working corps in 1980. We were much less experienced than 1979 and to some degree not pushed quite as hard by the staff. Unfortunately, it caught up with us that year.

I wish you would have marched in 82 when we were picking up the pieces. We held our heads high, even though we were half the corps we were the year before. I learned what Drum Corps really was that year. By the way, how was puker 80? Puker 82 was a blast!

I wish you would have marched in 82 when we were picking up the pieces. We held our heads high, even though we were half the corps we were the year before. I learned what Drum Corps really was that year. By the way, how was puker 80? Puker 82 was a blast!

The first rule of Puker, is that you don't talk about Puker in a public forum. :w00t:

It was, however, great. Champagne breakfast up on the bluffs to start the day, followed by the usual - opening ceremony, brewery tour, picnic, dance. All and all a great effort by a brilliant Puker committee.

PS - I aged out in 1981.

By the way, how was puker 80? Puker 82 was a blast!

I actually still have the t-shirts for that "event" from '79 to '81. Good times (I think?)!

The fact that a conversation like this is even taking place is amazing. Take a hard look at the Blue Sars in 99, and look again today. It's a freeking miracle. An amazing Journey is under way. I can't imagin the momentum this corps will have when they finish in the top 12 for the first time in 27 years.

Just sit back and enjoy it.

FCO is a long way off.

go getm now!