Any scores from Clifton yet?

stipidly firing some staff in August due to ######## reasons may have helped

All these years, I didn't know that, well that makes my point. That had to shake things up a bit. btw, on a side note imo, Sun won DCA the week before in Bridgeport. After beating Sun and Westshore in Montreal we (Sky) felt pretty good going into the last 2 weeks. However, Sun had a memorable performance across the board in Bridgeport, us not so much. :bluedevil: The rest is history

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody "races" for 2nd. The race is for 1st. And when a change comes, it won't be because Bucs lost a few more captions - it will be because someone won a few more. Semantics? Maybe, but I can't imagine anyone will ever be a winner if they think they're in a race for 2nd.

Think about it. Excluding the improbability that Reading's shows (book, not actual performances) have been so superior that no one else could possibly win, then every time they take the field in competition, the "show" that could beat them is out there too. Reading does what Reading should - their own best show. When someone else (finally) does that, the "streak" will be over. I doubt Reading will allow themselves to be toppled by someone who thinks they are in a race for second. Reading will go down (someday) to someone who had their eye on taking them out, and not because they "lost a few captions." When it happens, I'm betting you won't hear Reading say, "Wah! We had a bad day, " or "Wah! That judge doesn't like us." I'm thinking they'll say, "Congratulations! You guys were awesome!"

:bluedevil:

You Go Linda!!!!

Its so funny that no one acknowledges the great season the connecticut hurricanes are having. they've already beaten the cabs twice this year, tonight in clifton they bested the empire statesmen maybe for the first time ever, the hurcs colorguard is kickin' butt yet no "props" for the corps. Remember, 1981, the hurcs didnt win a single contest all season and won the DCA Prelims and then the 1981 DCA World Championship. Could this be another year like 1981 for the hurcs??

Anyway, GREAT JOB HURCS!!

SOMF

:thumbup::ohmy::thumbup: :thumbup: :smile::ohmy:

Personally, I couldn't be happier for the Hurks.

I wish them the best of luck this season.

That had to shake things up a bit. btw, on a side note imo, Sun won DCA the week before in Bridgeport. After beating Sun and Westshore in Montreal we (Sky) felt pretty good going into the last 2 weeks. However, Sun had a memorable performance across the board in Bridgeport, us not so much. :thumbup: The rest is history

Good point, Frank... we did do a great job at that Bridgeport show. And at Prelims the following week. We were smokin' that day!

Our Finals job was not quite as strong as our prelims performance, but it was still really good.... and the point spread between us and the rest of the pack actually increased at the night show. And most of that spread was in the percussion caption.

It was interesting..... going into championship week, we had won only two shows that season....Providence earlier, and then the Bridgeport show. But during our rehearsals that week we went about our business as if we were undefeated and still had something to prove. Very confident vibe all that week.

We definitely peaked at the right time that season.

Fran

Good point, Frank... we did do a great job at that Bridgeport show. And at Prelims the following week. We were smokin' that day!

Our Finals job was not quite as strong as our prelims performance, but it was still really good.... and the point spread between us and the rest of the pack actually increased at the night show. And most of that spread was in the percussion caption.

It was interesting..... going into championship week, we had won only two shows that season....Providence earlier, and then the Bridgeport show. But during our rehearsals that week we went about our business as if we were undefeated and still had something to prove. Very confident vibe all that week.

We definitely peaked at the right time that season.

Fran

I remember that well Fran.

After we found out we had won prelims, we went back to our hotel in Easton, PA, relaxed for about an hour, got back on the practice field for another hour, then we had to get ready to do it all over again that night!!

Ahhhh....those were the good ol' days......prelims and finals all in one day!!! :thumbup:

All these years, I didn't know that, well that makes my point. That had to shake things up a bit. btw, on a side note imo, Sun won DCA the week before in Bridgeport. After beating Sun and Westshore in Montreal we (Sky) felt pretty good going into the last 2 weeks. However, Sun had a memorable performance across the board in Bridgeport, us not so much. :thumbup: The rest is history

Sun definitely peaked at the right time, and yeah, IMO those changes flatlined Westshore visually the rest of the way

LOL

Get outta here - you had to look that up.

Imagine that: 6th place was an 83.150. This year's judges are gonna jam the top 10 into the 90's.

AND I know about 20 guys right now who are thinking, "Please don't bring up Steel '86"

YA HAD TA GO THERE,DIDNT YA!(LOL) :ph34r: