Any scores from Clifton yet?

Steve, now that Jeff brought it up ... do fill us in.

i didnt bring up Steel 86. I have too many friends who were there and I don't like that look they get in their eyes when it comes up. it scares me

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK OK I"ll fill you all in about Steel 86 .......

THE BEST corps (Bush) won and the 2nd best corps (Steel) came in 2nd enough said

- - - - - - - -

Yeah, what he said - This Hawkins guy's pretty smart (And people tell me he can sorta play a horn, too!)

Seriously, all, re; 1986 - I remember seeing Bush at Barnum, and knowing that night they were gonna win DCA that year.

Whole bunch of good corps that year, though - I loved Steel, too, FWIW !

So anyway, back on topic (I don't wanna get in trouble) - How 'bout those scores in Clifton :blink: ? !

THE BEST corps (Bush) won and the 2nd best corps (Steel) came in 2nd enough said

Come see Cabs Alumni in Lewisburg ----- WE HAVE FUN

thanks curt! :blink: oh:"my country tis of thee,homewood east liberty,thats where i be"............TUNNELLLLLLLLLLL !!!

But the real winners tonight were the fans they saw a heck of a show from top to bottom.

........ For those interested in horn sizes, Bucs had about 60, Cabs and Empire were close to 50, Hurcs were in the high 30's and Bush and Fusion were in the high 20's. Bush had about 35 in the guard.

with the incredible cost of fuel this year, how will $4+ per gallon effect the corps with 50 or more horns. this may require 3 to 4 busses each weekend and the way i understand prize monies and dca kickins, corps with more than 120 members + staff cant make money. how are the costs being offset???

mikey

with the incredible cost of fuel this year, how will $4+ per gallon effect the corps with 50 or more horns. this may require 3 to 4 busses each weekend and the way i understand prize monies and dca kickins, corps with more than 120 members + staff cant make money. how are the costs being offset???

mikey

i have thought about this,recently,as my personal expense in fuel,round trip to racine and back to cincinnati is hovering at 125.00.as for corps and buses the fuel costs HAVE TO BE considerable. i am sure the costs are passed on somehow to someone.............food for thought in these times of what seems to be a recession..........

mikey

Not every corps is renting 3-4 buses for every show weekend. The last 2 years I marched at Bucs, we only had buses for the Syracuse show and the Connecticut shows. You drove yourself or carpooled for the remaining shows (at Clifton we always had one bus for the members on graduated licenses that weren't allowed to drive and for those that didn't want to drive, and you paid $10 or $20 if you wanted to ride that bus.) And this was before the massive increase in gas prices.

Not every corps is renting 3-4 buses for every show weekend. The last 2 years I marched at Bucs, we only had buses for the Syracuse show and the Connecticut shows. You drove yourself or carpooled for the remaining shows (at Clifton we always had one bus for the members on graduated licenses that weren't allowed to drive and for those that didn't want to drive, and you paid $10 or $20 if you wanted to ride that bus.) And this was before the massive increase in gas prices.

clearly however,i think corps may have to get "creative" with transportation modes and related costs,if this economy continues to slide..........there is always a solution...........at least i hope that to be the case........

Said by one who was in Steel at the time. Right or wrong, it was still very frustrating.

It is over and we move on to other things.