Lincoln, Nebraska Show

I am really bummed. The last week, durring there 5 days with out a show, Pioneer added some stuff to the show, to make it better and their score goes down two points, wonder what happend. Can't wait to jump back on tour at the SA show. Needded to take a few days off from tour for family things.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer, just keep pushing and plugging away. That's all you can do.

Go Pioneer! Other corps take a week off to practice and gain 7+ points. Pioneer takes a week off to rehearse at Pioneerland and loses 1.5... Better Every Day!

:wub:

Man, that stinks! I really think the judges just don't know what to do with the lower tier when they evaluate them. I wonder if they ponder lower tier score history nearly as much as they ponder the score history of the top 6. (and I don't agree with that 7 point bump, by the way.)

Pioneer's score goes down???

WTF, Man?

Shane

I know that the corps is getting better. Numbers like tonight's can just be frustrating sometimes because you know that they seriously can't be worse after a full week of rehearsal. Oh well, nothing really all that surprising about it. They've got a good stretch ahead of them and Texas has traditionally been a good place for Pioneer.

That's why I said for Pioneer to keep plugging away. Look at my sig below. Believe me when I say I know where you're coming from. :wub:

Edited by skajerk

Sigh.... Troopers get the "Denver Dump" (traditional dip of score that usually happens at Denver). Maybe someone who sees the show will post a review and give a clue as to why it happened.

I don't worry about a single 0.5 drop. That's within the margin of error.

:wub:

Man, that stinks! I really think the judges just don't know what to do with the lower tier when they evaluate them. I wonder if they ponder lower tier score history nearly as much as they ponder the score history of the top 6. (and I don't agree with that 7 point bump, by the way.)

I was going to post something along those lines. I sometimes think that judges spend little time considering the "lower tier" corps' scores at all. When their job is to rank (first) and then rate (second), I wonder if they have the subconscious thought of, "Oh, well, it's Pio, and they're going to finish last anyway. Guess I'll start my numbers at.....hmm.....let's go with 12.2 tonight." I say subconsciously because I really don't think that judges actively conspire or otherwise plan these things - it's just a consequence of the system, especially when the "lower tier" corps usually have to go on first.

Not trying to stir up any conspiracy theories, just something I've wondered about. Keep getting better (every day), Pio!

Just a thought, based on the times I've seen Pioneer this season:

Is their show built for "big" stadiums? I've seen them at smaller venues this year, but not at any really big ones. And if you don't know, Husker Stadium is basically Camp Randall sized. I wonder if that could be a factor in the judges consideration?