The Lafayette Lounge

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone at the show tonight that can validate the low score given to the Colts? Heard they made major music and drill changes for tonight - guess it wasn't well received by those with the judging power! Just wondered what the fans thought about their show. Thanks.

If the changes were that big, it probably will take some time to clean up. Cadets made major changes on monday, lost on tuesday, then came out on top tonight. Also, when a corps is primarily changing things, think about what they ARENT doing ... (cleaning the show). Its definitely a double edged sword. Same goes for phantom most years (though hopefully not this year)

I might disagree on bit on this, in that I don't see Crown beating the Cadets again this year. But who really knows. Time will tell.

...and down the stretch they come... Garfield coming up on the outside…Crown with a late surge… it’s going to be a photo finish!

Time will tell... :offtopic:

Was anyone at the show tonight that can validate the low score given to the Colts? Heard they made major music and drill changes for tonight - guess it wasn't well received by those with the judging power! Just wondered what the fans thought about their show. Thanks.

Or they couldve just been rough... sometimes the big changes arent comfortable yet to the members, and the intended effect from the changes is evident in the 2nd show post changes.

Spider Facts

Studies have shown that you're never more than ten feet away from a spider, and one estimate puts you as close as three feet. To be "spider-free" you'd have to go into space in a fumigated capsule. (which will be legal for Drum Corp starting 2011)

Wouldn't you know it, I was out in the other room for a moment and came across one of the little eight-legged freaks.

I finally caught it and flushed it, bless its EXTREMELY little heart.

The only thing this show indicates is that Cadets won the show tonight.

San Antonio will tell the tale. This is where we get "A" panels and a true snapshot of where we are at.

' Agree. San Antonio gets the A judging panels and head to head competition is much more relevent in placements than any other barometer too.

I've been saying since June that Colts would hit a wall mid July. That show just has no where to go IMO, which is now evidenced by the fact that they are being passed up by corps after corps. I put Colts in 14th come August.

So what's going on with the Colts - they came out of the gate in June in a good position...and within the last week or so, their scores aren't going anywhere and they are getting passed by many corps.

That would mean that you are buying...capt. morgan and diet coke please.... :offtopic:

Diet? DIET? Dude, if we're gonna have a drink, you can't be such a wuss! Bless your heart.

Garry in Vegas