The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

:thumbup:

I hate to go negative, but I gotta vent. I'm tired of BD winning with boring shows. The last two seasons have been a snoozefest. I applaud and admire their talent, but I don't understand how they win when execution is only part of the equation. Their GE scores for the past two years should have been in the bottom in my opinion. Winning all execution captions should put them around 3rd in that case.

I think the judges are in the tank and the fans are drinking the coolaid. Sorry - call me a basher, hater, idiot - whatever - flame away.

On a more positive note - congrats Crown! For me, they tie with Bluecoats (homer alert) for most entertaining show of the evening - followed closely by SCV, BAC and Cavies in that order.

Congrats to Blue Stars and Crossmen for making the evening show. Well done!

DON'T hate my good man when your good your just good!!!!! :music:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that strange? I liked the narrator in the Bluecoats show. I thought he was a decent voice actor, and his material connected well with what they were doing musically and visually. I think the Cadets narration is poorly performed, incompetently written and does not connect well to their show.

So why can't I say that I like one and not the other, just like I might say that I liked Phantom's brass book but not the Cavies?

I dunno. I was mostly OK with the narrator, though I wish it were cut back a bit. It was the voice stuff in the middle that really annoyed me. Like Cadets, 'Coats seem to be using narration as a crutch to setup their show this year which is why I'm not a big fan; they probably would not have gotten the point of this year's show across without it. In contrast, last year their narrative supported the theme. It helped from a GE standpoint but if they cut it, you'd still "get" the show.

Ironic that they found themselves back to back with Cadets tonight.

Edited by Phillygwm

Only when you learn to capitalize and punctuate properly.

there were a few i could hear from the upperdeck.

i didnt really notice a spot for the crowd to yell it back at the performers, only with the performers.

i also didnt know where vanguard yell was until after it happend... :thumbup:

Being a diehard Bluedevils fan I do hope everyone is right on here thinking that they will bring home #13 this year. With that being said I will wait till I hear the announcer say that on August 9th when I am sitting in the stands in Bloomington. To give it to them right now is over doing it, because we all know changes will be made by everyone and the real endings for most are not on the field yet, so to get caught up in all of the drama is absurd. I am just happy to see such a variety of shows and after last year I didn't think we could have another year where almost every show is enjoyable to watch.

Congratulations to all of the corps tonight and the kids who are performing these demanding shows. I cannot wait to see some of these shows live starting next weekend.\

And lastly GO BD!!!

No flames just fuel for your fire. I am not impressed with BD. They are just boring to me. I love Crown and Phantoms shows. Cavies not so much.

I haven't been impressed with a BD show since Phenomenon of Cool. Crown, always been a fan. Phantom same as Crown. Cavaliers have done the same show since '01. Just with different music. This year, and last, were just snoozefest for me.

This means nothing. Clearly Crown had a better show tonight and just may have a better show come finals.

phantom has historically been a late bloomer. i can see them being in second if the judges stop giving hand outs to the cavies.

that aside, all i did was post past trends. this time last year people had bluecoats in second, and what happened? this time last year people had crown cracking the top four, and what happened?

it's good that you're excited, but you should be honest with yourself. but none of you crown honks are going to bother to listen to me, and when crown places 5th at the end of the year... oh, i can see the #### storm on the horizon...

It sounded like they did from my PC.

We love PR's show and it was the best that weve seen of them all year leeb!!!

Recaps are up on DCI.org

LOL LOL!!!!! I hear you but Modesto is just as bad!!!! :music::thumbup:

Ok you got me, I am from Modesto. Now I live in Seattle WA where we have no corps marching this year. Cascades 09! Life is good up here especially when it is 100+ in Sac Town it is 80 in Seattle.

Well it's too late now should have been finished with the show by now sorry!!!! :thumbup:

but you have to remember, the season is shortened this year and the Cavies rarely have everything on the field until Murfreesboro. Since Murfreesboro is Friday they should be right on schedule even with the shortened season.

Props to Crown tonight, they tore my face off! The top 7 this year are really tearing it up, and I'm extra pumped for the show here Friday night!