The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Crown- time to step up and play with the big boys!

Get it!

CAN SOMEONE DO DECENT STAGE COMBAT FOR ONCE?????

To continue my point...

I'm getting sick and tired of shows with stage combat that write such weak choreography. I know that it's supposed to be somewhat stylized and a real-looking fight would probably be distracting, but if you going to chop into someone's leg with a katana or be in a boxing match... I expect a touch more professional looking work from these corps. They put so much effort and time into every other aspect of the show, and then I'm thrown out because the sword work is pathetic.

Fix, plz.

I had a girl in marching band who was 4'11". Great flute player. But she had to jazz run 6-to-5 because her little legs wouldn't march it normally.

So....there at least is one instance in which it would be required. Isn't blasting blanket statements apart fun? :thumbup:

Actually, we're both drill designers, so...one designer to another....can you point out to me the exact portions in the show in which someone is jazz running a 6-to-5? Since it is staring you in the face? I only saw it on the high-cam, so I am kinda interested in seeing what it is that has so many people in arms.

(Regiment has furry drill?) :thumbup:

I've seen PR several times (like 7 or 8 times) live this season. It's there, so I'll review the show and pm what I find...from one designer to another.

(Blast you English language! Get trigger happy and accidentally add another letter to a word and you don't just misspell, you change the entire meaning!)