The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen PR several times (like 7 or 8 times) live this season. It's there, so I'll review the show and pm what I find...from one designer to another.

(Blast you English language! Get trigger happy and accidentally add another letter to a word and you don't just misspell, you change the entire meaning!)

Bwahahaha! The spelling (or would it be context?) police strike again!

:thumbup:

Wow. That was about the most boring show I've seen fro mthe Cavies in years! Just can't get into this one at all. Oh well, I'll probably love it live, but for now, just not translating on video -- maybe I should have watched the overhead cam.

Really? Boring? Like Billy Joel boring?

I've said it all season:

Crown's show is like a guy who has an ipod full of great classical music and no patience.

This feeds into my "as long as the crowd recognizes the music they will overlook flaws" theory.*

*Also see 2007 closer.

Musically, the Cavies show still strikes me as "The Machine Part II, Now With Ninjas". But they certainly brought the performance levels tonight. I could believe that they beat BD.

Although I'm not normally a percussion guy, I do like the overall writing between their battery and pit this year. In many ways, that seems to me to be the musical strength of the show. The brass comes across as somewhat incidental to the musical effect.

Big help that Erik Johnson came back. He was the glue that held them together I believe!

Crown's sets are pretty clean, but the transitions could be cleaner...

Although I'm not normally a percussion guy, I do like the overall writing between their battery and pit this year. In many ways, that seems to me to be the musical strength of the show. The brass comes across as somewhat incidental to the musical effect.
Jim Casella writes the pit and battery parts, where other arrangers just writes one or the other.