The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

I tried very briefly to run the two broadcasts simultaneously on the same computer... one on Firefox, one on IE... It worked just fine.. about a half second delay... I just muted one of them. Of course now I turned one off to save their bandwidth.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Fan Network said, please don't do that (bandwidth capacity issue), and they said there would be a delay between the two feeds.

I agree, there are already bandwidth issues with this webcast. Stop streaming both formats!!!! Hopefully DCI will stop doing this as it is being abused.

my opinion:

Fixed Camera View, Love watching the entire field and productions

Multi-Camera view, Love seeing close ups of the performers and colors are much more vibrant

Result.....flip back and forth :)

oh and intermission.....running out to buy a 25ft long s-video cable the 12'foot is just about 3 feet short of reaching the sofa :) so I have to put the computer on a tv tray, and walk back and forth to type comments LOL

Edited by blueorginal

I would bet that (just as in years past) the mms feed link has been given out to possibly hundreds of people. I imagine that for as many people as paid to see the show there is at least one other person who is watching it for free.

That is where your bandwidth issue is coming from.

Not from the 10-20 people who may have the capability/desire to watch both feeds.

Pioneer is performing easily one of their most accessible shows in a long time. I enjoyed their ballad quite a bit. I'm still not sure if their ladder/props serve much purpose from an effect standpoint, although they do help the corps look bigger than they really are. The brass had some individual issues, especially as they got fatigued, and they were definitely top-heavy. Overall, nice show guys and gals!

That ballad's gotten very nice :lookaround:

Pioneer is performing easily one of their most accessible shows in a long time. I enjoyed their ballad quite a bit. I'm still not sure if their ladder/props serve much purpose from an effect standpoint, although they do help the corps look bigger than they really are. The brass had some individual issues, especially as they got fatigued, and they were definitely top-heavy. Overall, nice show guys and gals!

I think what they're doing with the props is a technique called framing. They frame off the field to make them look bigger, it works quite well and is popular with smaller ensembles.