2008 Predictions

Geez!

10. Drum Corps Planet's DCA web audience will be its largest yet, this year.

\

You got that right.Ive talked to so many people that are not marching this year or not going to DCA.Recruiting and retention for corps this year has been a night mare from what I hear from different corps.Lots of reasons but the biggest one is the gas prices.

I would expect DCA finals attendance to be down.Remains to be seen how down.

What are the DCI folks saying about attendance at shows this year VS last year?Might be a good gauge to start going by.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a prediction that seems to come true every year.

1. All of the corps will bust their butts to perfect their shows.

2. The judges will the adjudicate said shows

3. Scores will be announced, some corps will rejoice, some will be unhappy and go back to the drawing board to fix things

4. Come Labor Day weekend finals will happen and 2 corps will be extremely happy and the rest will have varying degrees of unhappiness.

And so it goes

I'll add another VERY importantant one:

5. ALL the BEER will be on ice for post finals celebrations on a job well done. :thumbup:

You got that right.Ive talked to so many people that are not marching this year or not going to DCA.Recruiting and retention for corps this year has been a night mare from what I hear from different corps.Lots of reasons but the biggest one is the gas prices.

I would expect DCA finals attendance to be down.Remains to be seen how down.

What are the DCI folks saying about attendance at shows this year VS last year?Might be a good gauge to start going by.

All the shows I've been to have been pretty packed!

Geez!

Right Forum, wrong Forum, I kinda like predictions. I see it as an entertaining and FUN exercise!

Here are my current predictions. Biased, unwanted, idiotic . . .who cares?

8. Spectators will be happier with PAETEC Park concessions.

Fire away!

Famous Dave's BBQ is now being served at the Stadium,.............................whoever is responcible for this should win that caption for sure...............

I think I'll hold off with a prediction until after next weekend. Or maybe even the weekend after that, giving everyone a shot at being on the field at least once...

I'll add another VERY importantant one:

5. ALL the BEER will be on ice for post finals celebrations on a job well done. :thumbup:

Thanks, I knew I forgot one

I think I'll hold off with a prediction until after next weekend. Or maybe even the weekend after that, giving everyone a shot at being on the field at least once...

I am with you.After the 4th,,we should pretty much know who is going to be in finals and have a better handle on where they will place come finals.

That is unless something drastic happens after that weekend.

Famous Dave's BBQ is now being served at the Stadium,

Around these parts,,Famous Daves is one of the last places you want to go to get real BBQ.But I have been spoiled.I have lived in Winston Salem NC,BHAM AL and Nashville TN all of my life.There you will find the worlds best BBQ joints.

and what caption would that be?

How about "one of the worlds most famous fast food BBQ ever" award. :thumbup:

Edited by camel lips

I've consulted the tea leaves, and here are my predictions:

P.S. The much coveted guard caption will be a real "dogfight"

I have to agree on this one. I have seen Bush several times and their guard gets better and better each time. However, they have 2 losses to Bucs' guard (another contender) this year although they did beat them this weekend in Lewisburg. Bush is having a very strong season and after all, they are back-to-back guard champions.

I've seen video on my other "old team" the Brigadiers and their guard looks very strong as well. They have all of our staff back from recent years and they know how to get the job done. However, they lost to my sleeper pick going into this year (I made that call in the winter before ever seeing ANYONE), the Hurricanes. Hurcs guard looks like the front-runner right now although Bush has been known to pull it out when it counts!

You can also never rule out Cabs and Empire.

It's gonna be tough! Wish I was a part of the fight!