LIVE SHOW COMMENTARY

Lately been using this social media tool called TWITTER to follow local events and stuff, and decided to try it at the San Antonio DCI show this weekend. We have this program connected to our Facebook page and to our Blog, so if you wanna find out what's going on as it happens, feel free to check our our sites or follow us on Twitter, if you already have that program! :-)

Watch our FACEBOOK status or read our blog to find out what's happening at the San Antonio DCI Show on Saturday!

Anyway, I was wondering if others on DCP had thought about using this, or have used it(?). I've seen some threads about what's going on at shows, but usually interrupted by a lot of chatter so they're sometimes tough to read through.

During DCI and DCA Championship events, we have done "Live from the Pressbox" threads with multiple contributors, including myself, John Donovan, Key Poulan, Danielle Potts, Matt Bridell, and many others. When I cover a show for Drum Corps World, I also bring my laptop and do my own "Live from the Stands" coverage (comes in real handy when you need to remember what you saw to write your review). Some people who have internet capable phones have also posted from shows.

Yeah, those are a lot of fun,Kevin.

I posted a lot about the show as it happened this past weekend. I think I'm not a huge fan of domes for drum corps shows. One of my favorite things is listening to a HUGE wall of sound, and listening to it dissipate, and that didn't happen in the dome.

Also, some corps need to learn how to play in domes to get the full effect of their music. Some corps did this tremendously well, others did not.

I did this, albeit probably nowhere near as well as Kevin, at Madison in 2006. Sat in the pressbox with the DCP and BD crew and had a blast--but truly, it wasn't all that great. I mean, MY WORDS weren't all that great. I would LOVE TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS THOUGH (cough cough cough). I have in the world of 911 dispatching for almost 20 years, so I type PRETTY dang fast.

DCP Commentator - "I'm standing here with Sarah Jones of the Cadets following their performance here today at the Atlanta regional. Sarah, how do you think it went?"

Sarah - "I thought, overall, it went pretty well. I'm not really crazy about performing in domes. Sometimes there's a delay in hearing what I say...uh... and there was that little stutter I had on a couple of the words, but maybe the judges didn't catch it. I had a very good vocal warmup in the lot and thought overall I threw down pretty good. How did I compare to the guy from Bluecoats? I heard he put in some new changes for today's show."

Blue Devils provide a finals week "Box Blog" and have a friendly relationship with DCP's and DCI's wonderful group of personalities. We are putting plans together right now for Bloomington. If you can't make the show we will keep you informed with live commentary and behind the scenes pictures and video's from the warm up arks to the entrance tunnel.

Check out last years BD site commentary and be sure to check in with us a we come to you live from Bloomington!

Blue Devils Blog - Live from Pasadena 2007