Could Crown win the Championship?

No, Crown wont win. I dont care if they were dirty tonight, whatever they make up for in their next show, the BD will clean up and add even more.

Blue Devils are going to run over everything the rest of the season. It will almost be "absurd".........

Crown can get 2nd though. If PR doesn't.

PR needs to change the last bit of their show, so they do a bunch of running around and amazing drill. If they can do that, which I dont think they will, they could very well run away with 2nd.

i agree. i still believe Phantom will have a new ending before finals. last year the didnt add it until.....atlanta?? i think??? so we'll see.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always that extra something, whether it be complexity, details or raw power that separates the top three from the rest. I thought Crown going on after that pack pointed out some areas where their show isn't at that level yet, that might not usually be as apparent with them going on after weaker corps.

Watching BD, Cavs and Phantom, you get a palpable sense that they aren't finished. The endings for all of them don't completely resolve and with Cavs and Phantom there seemed to be numerous other places where more GE will be inserted as they clean what they have now.

No doubt Crown will do tweaking as well, but it feels like a complete package as it is now, and they may peak before too much longer. It's a really solid show, but there aren't noticeable gaps that look like placeholders.

Perhaps I will be very surprised and wrong, but the Big Dogs are so experienced at doing the late season max-out that I if anything Saturday has inspired them to make extra sure the changes they have planned really take things to the next level.

Looks like we were in different stadiums that night.

There was a long loud ovation for PR.

They clearly were the crowd favorite.

This reminds me nothing of PR in 05. PR was definitely NOT a fan favorite of anyone I have talked to. Everyone in my section at finals was left scratching their head wondering how Phantom even placed top 5 with that show.

Crown 08 definitely seems to be a fan favorite of most of the people I have talked to. It even won me over, as I thought when I heard their musical selections that the show was going to be kinda cheesy and lame. I have to give Crown their props as they totally sold me on that show this year.

Now, as to whether they can place top 3, or even win. As much as I love their show, I really don't see them beating Blue Devils or Cavaliers this season. I honestly think Crown will be fighting with Cadets for 3rd place. However, regardless of placement, I think Crown has really done some amazing shows the last 3 years, and wouldn't be surprised to see them in the hunt in the next 2 seasons if they keep up what they are currently doing.

I do know regardless of placement, this show is definitely going to see alot of time on television screens across the world when the dvd comes out.

Can we please stop asking this question???

NO

Since when did Bluecoats 2007=Crown 2008?

I understand the point....but the logic baffles me! :thumbup:

DCP logic often does that.

But, geez...you Crown honks are other-worldly.
honks? icon_lol-1.gif

This thread makes me laugh and some of the responses make me feel like Im watching the american idol auditions, you know, the ones in the beginning where the kids tell Paula, Randy, and SImon how good they are, how they can really sing, everyone tells them, and they are going to win....then they open their mouths !! LOL LOL LOL

The silly rationale', the yearly comparisons, folks: Crown does not equal Bluecoats. I can almost guarantee you that they are both hunting for different things. CCrown is your next new champion.

If you didnt realize that, yes you can actually compare their plight to the eighties Garfield Cadets, or really Star of Indiana. Slowly, steadily, surely, the commited folks at Crown are biting a little more each year and what makes anyone think that this third place finish is a fluke, winding up some say in fifth by finals night ??

Even so, fifth is another step into another league. Bluecoats will not be top five this year, or in the immediate future. Step away, unbiased, from the mix. Its really simple. Crown is a legitimate force that will be reckoned with, and they are knocking down doors as we speak.

Geoffrey

Agreed.

Crown is moving at a steady, predictable pace.

It started with the horn line 4 years ago and has spread through the rest of the corps.

This thread makes me laugh and some of the responses make me feel like Im watching the american idol auditions, you know, the ones in the beginning where the kids tell Paula, Randy, and SImon how good they are, how they can really sing, everyone tells them, and they are going to win....then they open their mouths !! LOL LOL LOL

The silly rationale', the yearly comparisons, folks: Crown does not equal Bluecoats. I can almost guarantee you that they are both hunting for different things. CCrown is your next new champion.

If you didnt realize that, yes you can actually compare their plight to the eighties Garfield Cadets, or really Star of Indiana. Slowly, steadily, surely, the commited folks at Crown are biting a little more each year and what makes anyone think that this third place finish is a fluke, winding up some say in fifth by finals night ??

Even so, fifth is another step into another league. Bluecoats will not be top five this year, or in the immediate future. Step away, unbiased, from the mix. Its really simple. Crown is a legitimate force that will be reckoned with, and they are knocking down doors as we speak.

Geoffrey

I wouldn't be surprised if Phantom Regiment had a very good crowd response. They have a ton of Texas connections.

Crown will probably be the fan favorite in Atlanta next week.

Not sure about Allentown...they are a very unique crowd.

Bloomington, I think you'll find that Phantom, Cavies and Crown are the 3 loudest ovations all Nats week. PR and Cavies due to proximity and Crown due to the butt ton of Indiana kids in the corps.