Cavaliers 4th in GE Vis?

WOW, looked at the San Antonio recaps, and BOTH GE vis judges agreed that Cavaliers were 4th in that caption. This always seemed to me like a stalwart caption for the Cavs.

Having not seen their show yet I have to wonder: What is going on!?

Anyone have some analysis? Just too dirty at the moment to be enjoyable? Design really not up to par? “Real” beginning, middle and end not put in yet? What?

Are the Cavies in trouble? Will they really be challenging Devs. come August.

PS: I love Cavaliers, but thought this sensationalist style of post might add more tension to an already nail-biting season! : )

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how they got 4th in GE Visual. But hey, that's how the numbers fell I guess.

I wonder how much will change after the new ending is put on. Should be a fun night next Saturday in Atlanta. :thumbup:

No, their show was not dirty. The drill and music was clean. The show itself is the problem. It wasn't very exciting. You can't win with a show by just being good in marching clean and playing clean. The show itself must be a good show. I watched it and I didn't enjoy it all that much. Wasn't very exciting. They did have some cool drill moves, as usual, and the music was neat. But as far as effect, well, the show didn't affect me much....not nearly as much as PR and Crown and BD.

So yeah, thats why. I dont think they can hold on to their 2nd spot come finals.

After seeing their show all I could think was that is was not memorable. Like '02 and '06 for Cavies were very memorable shows but this year was just kind of "on the field perform our amazing show, march off." Good show but no real impact.

No, their show was not dirty. The drill and music was clean. The show itself is the problem. It wasn't very exciting. You can't win with a show by just being good in marching clean and playing clean. The show itself must be a good show. I watched it and I didn't enjoy it all that much. Wasn't very exciting. They did have some cool drill moves, as usual, and the music was neat. But as far as effect, well, the show didn't affect me much....not nearly as much as PR and Crown and BD.

So yeah, thats why. I dont think they can hold on to their 2nd spot come finals.

Yeah, and by that logic, BD won't stay at the top because they didn't entertain or excite me. :thumbup:

Other corps have included elements of recent Cavies show designs into theirs and perform it well.

As a result the Cavies are victims of their own success to a degree and don't seem as unique as they did 4-5 years ago.

Yeah, and by that logic, BD won't stay at the top because they didn't entertain or excite me. :thumbup:

I'd say speak for yourself, but its probably obvious that you already are.

I'm sure at least 80% of people, if answering honestly, would say that the Devils' show was far more exciting than the Cavs.

I'm sure at least 80% of people, if answering honestly, would say that the Devils' show was far more exciting than the Cavs.

That's cool. I love BD's music this year (visually, not so much). If people are more entertained by one show than another, that's their prerogative. :thumbup: