shocked

lol...no one is suggesting that Crown could pass BD....perhaps if the season went to mid september, there is a chance...BD is on fire...innovative program, best GE marks they have gotten in years.

I definitely was suggesting that Crown could pass BD! *sarcasm OFF*

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know alot of people (including myself) were very excited about this, but it can be a curse too. It gives a lower "Cieling" for improvement and growth. If the Devs are complete, and as clean as they are going to get (which i hear is not the case from a former student marching..), they will be improving .2-.4 per night, while others can improve .5-1.0 or more per night.

I cant wait to see how this one shakes out!

Dave Gibbs can confirm for you that they are not near complete, or as clean as they are going to get. This quote was provided almost immediately following the show in San Antonio:

"When asked where the Blue Devils would be headed with their production, "Constantly Risking Absurdity," executive director David Gibbs said, 'I wouldn’t even know how to predict this show. We’re still at about 70 percent. There are a lot of things we need to add, and fix, and do at this point, and there are some pretty good changes we’re going to put in this week coming into Murfreesboro and Atlanta.'"

To call guard a "dance ensemble" is a very narrow minded view. Yes, the guard does dance, and it is an intrigal part of the performance. However, they are not JUST dancing! Or are the rifles, sabers and flags that keep popping up nothing more than a figment of our imaiginations???

When was the last time you saw a drum corps color guard formation that had to be dressed and covered?

And that's the disconnect. You contend that the dancing is done with props which is fine (in gymnastics, they dance with a ribbon), but my concept of a color guard doesn't even enter into your concept. It's a different discipline.

I enjoy winter guard during the winter, but when it influences what's on the football field to the point it starts detracting from the other captions, I resent it a bit.