shocked

I. too, felt that the Blue Stars performance last night was wonderful !!

I agree that, while not taking anything away from the performers, staff

fans of the Blue Knights, I just DO NOT understand HOW this corps'

show can be roughly 2 points ahead of the Blue Stars.

Very good drums/percussion....

Very good drill and movement..

BUT, after watching BK's show now a few times, I find their music program

to be very drab, very monotone....... no extremes/nothing to keep your

ear "focused"..... just, Im sorry to say...... dull... sorry.. just my opinion..

They do what they do very well... but I feel musically, that this show needs

something to keep the croud's attention... do something to get the stands

excited, mucisally.....

Some may aggree, some will disagree.. but I do not feel this show currently

being placed where they are being placed !

Im a fan of all corps... just wish I could get excited when I hear that the

Blue Knights are taking the field......

:thumbup:

Edited by AmmerMP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I. too, felt that the Blue Stars performance last night was wonderful !!

I agree that, while not taking anything away from the performers, staff

fans of the Blue Knights, I just DO NOT understand HOW this corps'

show can be roughly 2 points ahead of the Blue Stars.

Very good drums/percussion....

Very good drill and movement..

BUT, after watching BK's show now a few times, I find their music program

to be very drab, very monotone....... no extremes/nothing to keep your

ear "focused"..... just, Im sorry to say...... dull... sorry.. just my opinion..

They do what they do very well... but I feel musically, that this show needs

something to keep the croud's attention... do something to get the stands

excited, mucisally.....

Some may aggree, some will disagree.. but I do not feel this show currently

being placed where they are being placed !

Im a fan of all corps... just wish I could get excited when I hear that the

Blue Knights are taking the field......

:thumbup:

Not to take anything away from Blue Stars they are great and are goind got make finals!!! You can't have the whole enchilada all at once. BK is proven year in and out and they have a much harder design and show than BStars. I like the BStars this year, but they are going to have to amp it up a bit after they make finals this year to move up.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Not to take anything away from Blue Stars they are great and are goind got make finals!!! You can't have the whole enchilada all at once. BK is proven year in and out and they have a much harder design and show than BStars. I like the BStars this year, but they are going to have to amp it up a bit after they make finals this year to move up.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Maybe they HAVE, in the past, as in years past, have had a harder design and show.....

Im just waiting for them to sell it......have they designed a show thats harder and more

demanding, ....... I dont see it.... They have a great guard.. as always.. their silks are

to kill for... !! BUT, their show design... please... someone..give me a can of Mt. Dew

so that I can wake up and see what they are doing or trying to sell out there !!!!

Michael Ammerman

BlueStars 82

Fan of Drum Corps before you were born !

I'm glad the Blue Stars appear to be on a trajectory towards finals--that means I get to see a show I like an extra time or two.

FWIW, I think AmmerMP was referring to this year, not previous years or future years.

I think the whole 6-9 placements were wrong, from what I saw. I thought SCV had 6th locked up with Boston in 7th, Bluecoats in 8th, and BK in 9th. But in the day show, I would have had Colts in 4th, Crossmen in 5th, and Madison in 6th.

It was also nice to see Crown in 3rd, but I really thought they should have been about 2 points lower than Cavies, and a full point ahead of Phantom.

Only thing I was shocked with was SCV's placement. Switch them with Cadets and I would've had no problem. And judging by the people in the section I was in, I think they might've agreed.

I wasn't there and you can only tell so much from the webcast / I look forward to seeing all the corps in A-town

I was pretty shocked by the results / the corps in the middle and by the top 3

Devils had a lot of interval issues and some basic marching issues in the middle of their program (new drill?) so their score seemed a point or two high

I did not feel PR or Crown should have topped Cadets / and I felt SCV was further back from that pack // but this is all just going on the webcast and performance levels come through much better in person. You tend to see more "content" related levels on line I think rather than the execution

I wasn't there and you can only tell so much from the webcast / I look forward to seeing all the corps in A-town

I was pretty shocked by the results / the corps in the middle and by the top 3

Devils had a lot of interval issues and some basic marching issues in the middle of their program (new drill?) so their score seemed a point or two high

I did not feel PR or Crown should have topped Cadets / and I felt SCV was further back from that pack // but this is all just going on the webcast and performance levels come through much better in person. You tend to see more "content" related levels on line I think rather than the execution

speaking of the webcast...where are the ACTUAL in-person reviews? *waits anxiously*

I am most surprised by the placement of the Cadets and SCV, especially the Cadets because I believe they are for sure superb technically.

For SCV, I am not surprised that they could climb back to No.4 or bronze at Bloomington.

I was shocked by two things this weekend....

1. Blue Knights beating BAC

2. Crown beating Phantom

... thoughts? does anyone share this opinion or am I crazy?

I was there and I agree - especially about BK beating Boston. Never should have happened. BK is clean but typically boring again. Phantom is better than Crown.