Famous drill references from the past in Crown 2008

In the closing 30 seconds of this year's Crown show I've spotted the Z-pull (Cadets 84 etc) (trumpets on left hand side) and the Appalachian Spring (Cadets 87) dissolving/reappearing company front... (front right at same time as above)

Also the rifle step over from Cavaliers and other corps...

How many more am I missing?

There is also the Cavies "diamond cutter" (I'm not sure what it is called on DCP, but that is how I have always referred to it) from the end of Niagra Falls (the diamond with rotating groups of 4) in triangle form.

There is also the Cavies "diamond cutter" (I'm not sure what it is called on DCP, but that is how I have always referred to it) from the end of Niagra Falls (the diamond with rotating groups of 4) in triangle form.

I haven't seen Crown's show yet, but the move that you're talking about (which was in both the '99 and '00 shows) is indeed officially called the Diamond Cutter.

If I am seeing it correctly, I believe there is also their version of the cross to cross in at the very end. Do I see a Crown to a Crown, or am I seeing things? Isn't the crown on its left side, they do some 8 count rotations, and hit that last crown before they pull it forward for a 937.8 count tone at which to throw babies, toddlers, and small children?

And, yes, they do play that last tone at FULL VOLUME.

So...answer me this.

Are all these drill moves that have been mentioned.

Were they at the end of their respective shows?

Hence the "Finis" concept.

So...answer me this.

Are all these drill moves that have been mentioned.

Were they at the end of their respective shows?

Hence the "Finis" concept.

I believe so.

Also, add the rifles spinning whilst laying on the field (27th) and someone in another thread mentioned a PR Wedge.

I can't help but feel a little uneasy at all of this...

On one side I'm glad they're paying tribute to the great finales of the past, but on the other side I feel like they're blatantly ripping off someone else's idea in bad taste...

anyone else having the same dillema? I don't know. I'll probably get over it.

87 Garfield - Simple Gifts - disintegrating company front in the mellophones.