Famous drill references from the past in Crown 2008

LOL, it's all good, I knew exactly what John was saying, although I can see where the confusion came from. And, to remain on topic...

Crown rocks this year!

It's a Bayonne thing... the confusion that is...

How come Crown didn't use anything from us??? Oh yea! William Tell!

It's a Bayonne thing... the confusion that is...

How come Crown didn't use anything from us??? Oh yea! William Tell!

Yep! They liked it so much, they used it TWICE! (Last year and this!)

:grouphug:

I agree. 5 things missing from the show:

1. Bottle Dance

2. The pause during the Cavie step-over

3. The Shark

4. The Bridgemen Shuffle

5. The faint

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1

I agree. 4 things missing from the show:

1. Bottle Dance

2. The Shark

3. The Bridgemen Shuffle

4. The faint

RANDY!

Can't believe that you left off...

5. The Lick.

The fact that there is such ferverent discussion about Crown's music and drill (Is it an original concept/too easy to play other corps' famous music? Is it a tribute or stealing? Is the show too musically segmented? Where is the story of the mad conductor?) is more evidence that (if perhaps for only this year) Crown has become an elite corps and will now be analyzed, disected and critiqued under the DCP microscope just like the other elite corps. Congratulations Crown! I hope their upgraded status is long-lived. :grouphug:

I agree. 5 things missing from the show:

1. Bottle Dance

2. The pause during the Cavie step-over

3. The Shark

4. The Bridgemen Shuffle

5. The faint

Great ideas! Keep them coming... I will be in Atlanta Saturday, I can deliver them personally to the staff!

My daughter has been officially trained by the Bridgemen in the art of the shuffle... now she is with Crown and can teach them....

LOL

Edited by John T. Yurkin

I'd say it was in bad taste, too, if the drills were full-size and made a major portion of the show. But they're miniature versions done solely as a tribute to great endings. And they only make up maybe 20 seconds of the closer. How cool would it be to have another drum corps pay a tribute to your corps in the finale of their show?? :grouphug:

Phantom did this sort of thing visually and musically ( moreso musically in 1990). Phantom had a whole 1/3 of their show devoted to ripping Star, Cavies, THEMSELVES, Madison, etc shows of the time.

It's fine and we shouldn't worry about it.

A few more (I think):

The Vanguard Push hand (from 99)

The drum pods from SCV and Cadets On The Waterfront shows

The rolling on the ground ala Cavies

Footwork by the battery in the drum solo ala BD (although most everyone does this now)

Also some of the footwork in Claire de Lune looks alot like Cadets Appalachian Spring footwork at times

Granted this is one of those shows where you can probably find stuff all the way through if that is what you are looking for. Some may be intentional and some might not. I did like watching the show again and looking for all of it though!

Phantom did this sort of thing visually and musically ( moreso musically in 1990). Phantom had a whole 1/3 of their show devoted to ripping Star, Cavies, THEMSELVES, Madison, etc shows of the time.

It's fine and we shouldn't worry about it.

Actually that's true...

I guess I should kick myself then for being worried lol. Opinion converted!

Others they need:

1. SCV: Bottle Dance

2. Bridgemen: The Faint

3. Madison: 360 Wedge, rotating company front, or exponentially slowing percussion hits

4. BD: Circle block(ala Tommy), Double rotating company front, or Endzone-to-Endzone company front

5. Star: cross to cross(I know the crown to crown is kinda similar, but they should make it more obvious to the original IMO)

6. VK: shark or banner lol