PHANTOM - Dropping out of the TOP 5 ?

You know --

I have spent the past two days analyzing, comparing and re-watching BOTH Regiment & Crown's show from SA, and according to the rankings on the DCI site -- there is a possibility that Regiment could miss the top 5 come finals --

July 16 - July 23

Rank Corps Avg. Score

7/16 - 7/23 Rank Change*

World Class

1 Blue Devils 91.931 +1

2 The Cavaliers 91.208 -1

3 The Cadets 90.119 +1

4 Carolina Crown 89.869 -1

5 Phantom Regiment 89.544 0

Now given the slim margin between CC/PR, it's GOT TO BE disheartening to PR and euphorious to CC staff and kids, especially if Crown bests them 1-2 more times! What ever PR has in the bag, IT BETTER be good and it better be soon or they be in the 7 -12 tier!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the more the scores are divided w/11 Judges, we'll probably see even morte of a spread open up.... Crown being the victor I spose'

In previous shows prior to last eve when Perc Judge was MIA --- NO.... Last eve probably & then needed it to maintain morale IMHO

IT BETTER be good and it better be soon or they be in the 7 -12 tier!!

Yes, they very well could end up in 5th when all is said and done...and they would do it with one of the best and most talked about shows of the season. However, I don't think they are going to be in the 7-12th place tier. If they end up in 5th, or even 6th place, it is going to be a very close spread between them and whoever takes 4th, 5th and 6th places.

With a percussion Judge would they have beat crown last night based on previous shows numbers?

they would have had to beat crown by a point or more to beat crown last night because the caption is divided in half for its portion of the total score. They have been consistently beating crown in drums but not by a full point. so no PR wouldn't have won based on previous show numbers

I'm confused...even if crown beats them..they'll be 5th...

the real question for them to finish less then 5th is...

will bluecoats beat them?

And i think the answer is no

they would have had to beat crown by a point or more to beat crown last night because the caption is divided in half for its portion of the total score. They have been consistently beating crown in drums but not by a full point. so no PR wouldn't have won based on previous show numbers

yes they would have...Crown had an 18.2 in drums last night which is .7 higher than what they have been consistantly getting in drums...PR had a 18.0 in drums, which is around .6-.7 lower than what they have been getting...putting two and two together puts PR ahead of Crown by .7 (ish)

But its all figurative because then you have to account for the reason why both would drop out of the 90's and such...idk no perc judge did screw scores up last night tho...

It could happen, but I don't think it will. I would love to see Phantom beat Cadets, but I don't think it will happen at finals. I would also love to see SCV beat Phantom, but don't necessarily expect that either. I don't think Coats have the show to pull off an upset of Phantom this season. So I think Phantom will be either in 4th or 5th place at finals. I would guess 5th.