Finals 2008 Predictions

No way Blue Knights are going to get beaten by Boston and Blue Stars, BK has THE show this year. Also, unlike Boston, Blue Stars and BK are actually clean. Boston's gonna have to fight to even stay in the top 12, they have the show but the performance is sub par. Same thing with Santa Clara (though they will stay in the top 8). But really, hear me now, the Blue Stars WILL beat the Boston Crusaders. That show and the performance is just too good.

Saying there is 'now way' BK will be beaten by Boston implies there is a huge gap between the two currently. Last two shows:

San Antonio - BK 82.7, Boston, 82.45; Denton, TX - BK 83.35, Boston 82.6. Yes the gap increased a little, but they are still very close. My gut agrees with you actually; I have a feeling that Blue Knights and Blue Stars will pass Boston, especially given Boston's recent trend of falling back in the standings during Finals week the past few years. However, I guess I have hope for them that they'll do the opposite this year and really clean their show and sneak past BK.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying there is 'now way' BK will be beaten by Boston implies there is a huge gap between the two currently. Last two shows:

San Antonio - BK 82.7, Boston, 82.45; Denton, TX - BK 83.35, Boston 82.6. Yes the gap increased a little, but they are still very close. My gut agrees with you actually; I have a feeling that Blue Knights and Blue Stars will pass Boston, especially given Boston's recent trend of falling back in the standings during Finals week the past few years. However, I guess I have hope for them that they'll do the opposite this year and really clean their show and sneak past BK.

I just don't think a shallow show like Boston's deserves to place higher than what BK and Blue Stars are doing, especially BK. The shows have so much great overall writing going on (musically and visually), and they're only going to get better, not that Boston won't. They had a chance with last year's show to blow past BK, but the judges didn't give it to them, still their show last year was great, with a phenomenal corps on all fronts.

1. Blue Devils

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Cavaliers

4. Carolina Crown

5. The Cadets

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. Crossmen

13. Glassmen

14. Spirit

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Pacific Crest

18. Academy

19. Mandarins

20. Pioneer

Just so you know, there are more than 12 corps. And I think they deserve a little attention sometimes. Just my opinion.

Just so you know, im pretty sure the thread said "Finals" predictions, which IIRC is not inclusive of all corps. Put the PC police saber away for a minute and let it go. My prediction

1 Blue Devils

everybody else sucks and doesnt deserve attention. :tongue:

1) Cavaliers

2) Blue Devils

3) Phantom

4) Crown

5) Cadets

6) SCV

7) Bluecoats

8) Blue Stars

9) Blue Kinghts

10) Boston

11) Glassmen

12) Madison

Edited by mcjordansc

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets

6. Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10.Boston Crusaders

11.Glassmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Colts

14. Crossmen

15. Troopers

16. Spirit

17. Mandarins

18. Pacific Crest

19. The Academy

20. Pioneer

For me, the biggest fight is for 12th. I think that Madison has the edge over the other corps in that cluster due to the big support that the Midwest big guns always get when competing in the Midwest. All things being essentially equal (which they are for 12-14) I give the edge to the Midwest corps.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets

6. Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10.Boston Crusaders

11.Glassmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Colts

14. Crossmen

15. Troopers

16. Spirit

17. Mandarins

18. Pacific Crest

19. The Academy

20. Pioneer

For me, the biggest fight is for 12th. I think that Madison has the edge over the other corps in that cluster due to the big support that the Midwest big guns always get when competing in the Midwest. All things being essentially equal (which they are for 12-14) I give the edge to the Midwest corps.

So you're saying that judges will give a midwest corps a boost even when they don't deserve it?

Hmm, sounds like 2006 finals, AMIRITE GUYS!?

I just don't think a shallow show like Boston's deserves to place higher than what BK and Blue Stars are doing, especially BK. The shows have so much great overall writing going on (musically and visually), and they're only going to get better, not that Boston won't. They had a chance with last year's show to blow past BK, but the judges didn't give it to them, still their show last year was great, with a phenomenal corps on all fronts.

Boston's show is not shallow nor is BK. This has nothing to do who deserves what. It just comes down to execution..plain and simple.

1. The Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. The Cadets

5. Carolina Crown

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9 Blue Stars

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. Spirit

16. Troopers

17. Pacific Crest

18. The Academy

19. Mandarins

20. Pioneer

I think it's possible that Blue Knights could beat out both the Blue Stars and Boston come finals. They seem to have the ability to execute well.

But they are very boring compared to both Boston and Blue Stars. ( in my opinion )

Blue Knights for me are not quite as boring as in most years, but still boring and uninspiring both musically and visually compared to both Boston and the Blue Stars of this year. I like 2008 Blue Stars and 2008 Boston's show MUCH more than 2008 BK.

But they have a complex and demanding show, and they are fundamentally sound. They also have a terrific guard this year, and that alone may keep them ahead of Boston who seems up and down in that caption.

Edited by BRASSO