Worst Colorguard Uniforms

Does anyone else feel like this year is the worst year for colorguard uniforms? I just don't get having the rest of the corps looking all sharp and then having the colorguard, in many cases, look so cheap or trashy. I see what could look like sleep wear (pajamas), tights you wear to a gym, tops looking almost like sports bras, and others than just don't plain fit all too good. If I had to choose my favorite colorguard uniform for this year, it would be the Boston Crusaders.

Am I alone in this thought? I hope not.

Edited by crfrey71

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year there are some great ones, and some dogs. A few years back (early 2000's), Boston Crusaders had the ugliest thing I've ever seen on the field (still to this day). Some type of orange/gold pants and suspenders that didn't seem to match anything on the field or the theme. When PR did the Apassionata (sp?) show, they had some tacky mis-matched lace outfits that looked like someone hot glued them together like a halloween costume and it looked really cheap. That wild animal thing Madison had in 2006 was pretty bad too.

I think its a matter of taste.

Edited by Wadep66

This isn't the worst season ever. Please see 2003.

This year is certainly not worse than any others, and I think many choices are MUCH better.

For one thing there aren't any brown bird suits on the field...

Hits:

Cavaliers - super detailed Samurais

BD - even in the day-glo colors. Perfect for their show

Crown - earth tone crazy conductor suits. Bonus points for wild frizzy hair.

Cadets - simple and classy purple. Sara Jones has good taste in clothes.

Boston - outfit is a bit odd but the hair and face paint makes it. Very Buck Rogers.

Crossmen - laser tag vests and cool pants. These outdo the Cavaliers' Tron outfits.

Blue Stars - a bit obvious but they use them well and the sponsorship names on them are a fun touch

Glassmen - Pee Wee! + ringmaster coats = very entertaining

Some misses:

Phantom - could have been stunning. Instead, adequate and nearly invisible due to the dull gray. Appropriate? yes, but a similar style could have been done with color choices that could actually be seen. Splash some bleach on them or something - it would be splotchy but would still keep them looking slave-appropriate and would brighten them up a bit.

Vanguard (girls) - The guys make out ok in suits, then bright shirts, then overall blue. Girls have the raw deal here- their suits are librarian frumpy, then they have to wear a dress tied up around their necks for the whole second tune, with the frumpy skirt - adding tons of visual weight. The blue dress these eventually turn into looks fantastic, but the previous look is a bit rough.

Colts: Bob Fosse with a giant sequined orange slice.

Blue Knights: We've seen this already. Maybe they felt burned after ditching the blue dress/knight things midseason last year, and played it safe?

On balance, I think there are lot more successes than failures this year. That's not always the case!

Edited by NakedEye

I usually wouldn't say a negative thing about any corps, but the Blue Knights guard unis really bother me. I'll just leave it at that and say that they could have spent a little more time and money to make their talented guard shine a little better.

What was the year Cavies had those funky uniforms that got Lee in a tizzy? I didn't care too much for them either.

I'm sorry but this year, it's the Scouts unis for me. When I saw them in SA and they took off the jackets to reveal the white shirts, the first thing that popped into my head was the "Manssiere" episode on Seinfeld. At the same time my wife audibly gasped. In a bad way.

I kid you not!

Edited by skajerk

What was the year Cavies had those funky uniforms that got Lee in a tizzy? I didn't care too much for them either.

I'm sorry but this year, it's the Scouts unis for me. When I saw them in SA and they took off the jackets to reveal the white shirts, the first thing that popped into my head was the "Manssiere" episode on Seinfeld. At the same time my wife audibly gasped. In a bad way.

I kid you not!

THAT episode is vintage Seinfeld, but man that gave me visuals. LMAO!!! :tongue::hehe:

Am I right, though?