Why aren't there any threads about BD's show?

or maybe because it's boring music...BD Clean yes...BD Powerful yes...Championship caliber yes...

There seem to be more exciting programs out there. BD and Cavaliers aren't one of them. Seems winning and Musical selections don't go hand in hand anymore.

Top musical shows (IMO) and in no particular order...

Crown

Phantom

Cadets (Even with vocals)

SCV

I agree with your views on music. I too find BD and Cavies fairly boring/monotonous this year. Crown, of course, is very recognizable. Phantom is powerful. I haven't been paying too much attention to Cadets music (sorry, but I've been focused on drill and distracted by monologue), and SCV has a good variety/mix. I think Bluecoats should probably be added to the list too.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how GE judges learn to set aside their personal reactions to shows and just focus on the performance and the design elements. It can't be easy. Performance judges can just focus on the performance. But GE has got to be harder to set aside from personal taste.

I think you answered your own question.

As for BD; very good this year and could be heading to their 13th championship. Doesn't mean I'm jumping out of my seat when they finish their performance. They are just #### good! Where will their show max out? 97....97.5.....98?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Everybody's too busy fainting over Carolina Crown. A corps that might finish 5th.

Yes, because 5th is much worse than 1st. Those 5th place losers are just "losers"....

Geesh... Why the jab? :laughing:

again...in my opinion..and i know it's just that...an opinion...the blue devils could care less about how many threads are written about them...the blue devils will continue to win in every way possible...people have tried boxing them in so many categories...they find a way to grow as a corps in every way....honestly...i don't care if you don't like the blue devils or not....they will keep winning...chicks will still dig them...and we still will do it in a cooler way than anyone else...my apologies for the last few statements...the inner blue devils slips out every once and a while...i hope everyone is having a nice day

again...in my opinion..and i know it's just that...an opinion...the blue devils could care less about how many threads are written about them...the blue devils will continue to win in every way possible...people have tried boxing them in so many categories...they find a way to grow as a corps in every way....honestly...i don't care if you don't like the blue devils or not....they will keep winning...chicks will still dig them...and we still will do it in a cooler way than anyone else...my apologies for the last few statements...the inner blue devils slips out every once and a while...i hope everyone is having a nice day

i didnt make the thread with past/present blue devils' interests or concerns in mind, i was just wondering why more people aren't talking about a show which i feel is phenomenal.

ellipses much?

i didnt make the thread with past/present blue devils' interests or concerns in mind, i was just wondering why more people aren't talking about a show which i feel is phenomenal.

ellipses much?

no worries...just another band nerd cruising the net my friend...just my two cents...but i agree it is amazing

no worries...just another band nerd cruising the net my friend...just my two cents...but i agree it is amazing

Lol...i remember a staff member referring to BD as 'just a bunch of band nerds....just like the rest of us.' Debate all you want, but he had a point :laughing:

They have some pretty new stuff, huh? Innovative...interesting...and I certainly took sounds and images with me from the San Antone show. Do I think they deserve to be where they are? Yes. What is a bit comical is how they have dominated brass (as I know it) if not, music in the past, and this year, BD music is getting beat - they're winning via GE and Visual? Who'd ever think that? The Blue Coats YANKED me into their show - they got my attention the most. The Blue Devils show will have to be watched many times to catch everything, like some good movies - unfortunately, we will miss some of those things when the disks come out. I say GO BD! And you know what? Maybe the BD organization will have a 1-1 finish...World Class AND Open Class...I smell dynasty...

i'd disagree to some extent, for what it's worth. bd kids do tend to be the least 'band nerdy' in dci. the cavaliers are quite possibly the exact opposite, from what i've found. band nerds with attitude. :laughing:

no offense with the ellipses thing.

i just watched bd 2000.....

is there any quarter time in bd's show this year? if there isn't, allow me to state that i think it would fit perfectly with the theme (plus they always look bad ### doing it).