The Official "Cadets 2008" Thread . . .

No, you're right on that count. It will probably play into their recruiting and fundraising efforts next year, though ...

The seemed fine coming off the crap they took and their 5th place finish in '06.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're right on that count. It will probably play into their recruiting and fundraising efforts next year, though ...

Hmmm. 06 was a much worse show than the current one, and it did not seem to effect 07. What are you basing this on?

the 08 cadets have a weak trumpet line that can't play in tune consistently, the hornline as a whole is mediocre, and the show isn't particularly clean in any area that i can see. and they are in 5th place, which is where a show with that level of difficulty and execution normally ends up. anyone who tries to read more into the cadets scoring than dirty trumpets and a sort of blah show is fooling themselves.

i will say this, every corps claims its all about the experience. some mean it, and some don't. it's been fairly obvious to me since i've followed this activity that the cadets never mean that, they are in it to win it, and look at scoring as a validation of their efforts in a way very few corps do. so yeah, i bet it will just kill them if they get 5th this year, and they will all come back next year caring about winning more than anything else, just like every year. but i doubt they will all drop out and stay home, or go try out for devs or cavvies hoping for a ring. first off, most of them probably can't play in bd's hornline or march cavvies basics block. but mainly, i bet they are all happy where they are and want another crack at it next year.

the 08 cadets have a weak trumpet line that can't play in tune consistently, the hornline as a whole is mediocre, and the show isn't particularly clean in any area that i can see. and they are in 5th place, which is where a show with that level of difficulty and execution normally ends up. anyone who tries to read more into the cadets scoring than dirty trumpets and a sort of blah show is fooling themselves.

i will say this, every corps claims its all about the experience. some mean it, and some don't. it's been fairly obvious to me since i've followed this activity that the cadets never mean that, they are in it to win it, and look at scoring as a validation of their efforts in a way very few corps do. so yeah, i bet it will just kill them if they get 5th this year, and they will all come back next year caring about winning more than anything else, just like every year. but i doubt they will all drop out and stay home, or go try out for devs or cavvies hoping for a ring. first off, most of them probably can't play in bd's hornline or march cavvies basics block. but mainly, i bet they are all happy where they are and want another crack at it next year.

Wow, if that is a mediocre hornline, then I want more mediocre! What does that make the likes of hornlines like Glassmen, Madison, Troopers, etc? They must really suck a big one.

thank you, you have a very nice drum corps.

(but you have no idea what you are talking about.)

You know, I not a big fan of the shows they have been putting on the field lately. But they are a #### good drumcorps and have NOTHING to be freaked out about.

you know NOTHING about the Cadets.

You couldn't be more wrong about what it is to be a Cadet, or to be part of the Cadets organization.