Crown's Guard in 3rd?

Agree with comments about BD's guard and dance....they integrate the equipment w/dance better than anyone, but from a true demand concept...I've seen better from them.

Cavaliers. Does anyone else not notice that most high tosses are caught NOT in a solid position where you can tell if someone's out of the ensemble, BUT with a maneuver that "rolls" into another sequence, so it's hard to tell if the toss/catch is clean? Last year during the Joel show, they did more somersaults and other gymnastic stuff out of tosses.....a really good way to hide your (lack of) cleanliness/tightness.

It'll be interesting to see how the 3-day collective scoring goes next week.

Crown's guard is fun to watch, and the demand is high.

It's all good!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know much about guard, you would know that what you are talking about with Cavaliers is actually called demand...............to just stand there and catch your equipment is color guard 101....to do something under it and right out of the catch is called demand.......I think it is funny you are saying that is a really good way to hide your (lack of ) cleanliness/tightness, when in actuality to just stand there and catch is to hide your lack of creativity and demand..............

Agree with comments about BD's guard and dance....they integrate the equipment w/dance better than anyone, but from a true demand concept...I've seen better from them.

Cavaliers. Does anyone else not notice that most high tosses are caught NOT in a solid position where you can tell if someone's out of the ensemble, BUT with a maneuver that "rolls" into another sequence, so it's hard to tell if the toss/catch is clean? Last year during the Joel show, they did more somersaults and other gymnastic stuff out of tosses.....a really good way to hide your (lack of) cleanliness/tightness.

It'll be interesting to see how the 3-day collective scoring goes next week.

Crown's guard is fun to watch, and the demand is high.

It's all good!

If you know much about guard, you would know that what you are talking about with Cavaliers is actually called demand...............to just stand there and catch your equipment is color guard 101....to do something under it and right out of the catch is called demand.......I think it is funny you are saying that is a really good way to hide your (lack of ) cleanliness/tightness, when in actuality to just stand there and catch is to hide your lack of creativity and demand..............

Demand is "simultaneous responsibilities".

I didn't say the Cavaliers just "stand there and catch" with each toss. I said they find clever sequences to "mask" how they are catching as an ensemble.

I do know a little something about color guard, as in winning the caption my age-out year.

Edited by 27/soa

Demand is "simultaneous responsibilities".

I didn't say the Cavaliers just "stand there and catch" with each toss. I said they find clever sequences to "mask" how they are catching as an ensemble.

I do know a little something about color guard, as in winning the caption my age-out year.

I disagree...if the releases and catches are not together, then any choreography/moves following them probably won't be either...

really? bd's guard, no demand? all they did was walk down yard lines? wow. were you away getting a hot dog or something?

oh, i see, crown's guard "relayed to the audience a show about some of the best musical endings ever." might as well give them the trophy now, huh?

Unlike some in this forum, I don't have a "Hot Dog" corps. I watch all of them because I respect all of the corps in the activity.

Didn't say give Crown the trophy.

As I stated ealrier, Crown, Cavies, and BD guards will trade back and forth all the way to finals, but if you are fair and objective, you will see that there is a step higher in demand with Crowns guard than with BD or Cavies.

Whether it translates into a guard trophy that is up to the judges and not me.

And everyone said; "thank Goodness"

Marching in a guard that won Guard does not give you knowledge of how to win, it gave your staff knowledge......

Marching in a guard that won Guard does not give you knowledge of how to win, it gave your staff knowledge......

So....if Tiger Woods wins the U. S. Open, he doesn't know how to win, it gave his coaches knowledge.....

So....if Tiger Woods wins the U. S. Open, he doesn't know how to win, it gave his coaches knowledge.....

hahaha

This is where color guard opinion comes in. It's MUCH more impressive to me to see an entire guard (BD!) stand pat and nail a toss with power and poise.

Constantly flourishing into other moves etc. etc. IS a cop out (to me). Show me a clean catch. Or hell, show me both.

And I bet no one else can do it with same rotation, height, and uniform catch like BD.......not even crown.