DCI at the Movies

Went to the theater in Tanforan Mall in San Bruno, CA. Had a great time. The theater wasn't sold out, but there were plenty of screens in the Bay Area to spread the fans around. The theaters near Santa Clara and Concord were probably packed. We did have a hick-up in Cavies show, but only enough time for a loud "NO!" before it came right back up.

I thought DCI did a great job. I never have to see another ESPN broadcoast again. I'll be at the theater every year now. For a live broadcast, the guys were very smooth with filling time. Almost wish there was more space in between corps to discuss their moves. Sorry for you guys that had thunderstorms on the East Coast.

It was clear Phantom was the Phavorite :smile: in our theater too. I loved how after Phantoms DM was speared, the assistant DM conducted the corps with his foot propped on the dead DM's body. Cool. I wish they were broadcasting Semis and Finals to the theaters. I'd be there every night.

I was completely entertained by every corps.

LL

Edited by lawrenceleclaire

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the theater in Tanforan Mall in San Bruno, CA. Had a great time. The theater wasn't sold out, but there were plenty of screens in the Bay Area to spread the fans around. The theaters near Santa Clara and Concord were probably packed. We did have a hick-up in Cavies show, but only enough time for a loud "NO!" before it came right back up.

I thought DCI did a great job. I never have to see another ESPN broadcoast again. I'll be at the theater every year now. For a live broadcast, the guys were very smooth with filling time. Almost wish there was more space in between corps to discuss their moves. Sorry for you guys that had thunderstorms on the East Coast.

It was clear Phantom was the Phavorite :smile: in our theater too. I loved how after Phantoms DM was speared, the assistant DM conducted the corps with his foot propped on the dead DM's body. Cool. I wish they were broadcasting Semis and Finals to the theaters. I'd be there every night.

I was completely entertained by every corps.

LL

Went to Pacific PLace in downtown Seattle (it seemed weird going downtown anywhere to watch a dc show). About 60 people showed up. There were several hiccups with visual or audio (tho never at the same time), including video going out for a couple of seconds right AFTER the Phantom Drum Major murder. Did they have it set up so it looked like the spear went all the way through him? I liked that when he was interviewed by Rondinaro he said "Only two more times" [to be murdered].

Go BD!

Edited by flugelswerebugels

I saw it in Manhattan and it was a fun experience. I went alone, but there was a lot of rapport between audience members.

I said this elsewhere in the Crossmen thread, but I was really disappointed in how the production handled the Crossmen. Every other corps got a nice preamble. Either they had a person from the corps on camera explaining the show or they showed old footage of the corps. Leading into the Crossmen, we got a video of the Star of Indiana. Good corps, but what did it have to do with the Crossmen?

I'd love to know why the Crossmen didn't get the same treatment as the other corps. It couldn't be that they didn't have enough warning that the Crossmen were going to be there.

Went to Pacific PLace in downtown Seattle (it seemed weird going downtown anywhere to watch a dc show). About 60 people showed up. There were several hiccups with visual or audio (tho never at the same time), including video going out for a couple of seconds right AFTER the Phantom Drum Major murder. Did they have it set up so it looked like the spear went all the way through him? I liked that when he was interviewed by Rondinaro he said "Only two more times" [to be murdered].

Go BD!

I was out at Redmond because I didn't want to be bothered with a parking hassle. We only had about 20-30 attendees, but not everyone there was the brightest drum corps bulb. But there were no hiccups except for a few audio skips.

Saw the show at the AMC in Olathe, KS.

I got in the theater 5 minutes after 5pm and missed the clip if Pioneer and Mandorins. I did see Troop so that was cool.

I was pleased with the Scouts jump over the Crossmen. Phantom Regiment was really good. I usually fall asleep when their on but this show was real attention grabbing.

I thought all the corps looked strong and the show was worth the money.

Their were maybe 200 people in the theater. I noticed several showed up halfway through the broadcast. Probably got off work late. It looked like there was a good mix of ages in the audience.

Houston Willowbrook here. Best crowd for this theater in the 3 years going to the Qtrs there. Half the theater gave Phantom a standing O. Good applause for most other shows.

Cheers for the 2 judges having Phantom on top. No booing when the final scores were announce.

A couple of sound skipping issues, nothing major. The theater even had the sound louder then the past years but not as loud as I would have liked.

Went to Showcase West in Pittsburgh. The theater sucks! No stadium seating and no cup holders. Was on my way home from work though. Did anyone notice the horrible quality of the camera on the left side of the field, down kinda low? I had the "pleasure" of sitting a couple rows in front of some people that thought they knew everything there was to know about drum corps. It took all I had in me NOT to turn around and correct their idiot conversations.

Went to Showcase West in Pittsburgh. The theater sucks! No stadium seating and no cup holders. Was on my way home from work though. Did anyone notice the horrible quality of the camera on the left side of the field, down kinda low? I had the "pleasure" of sitting a couple rows in front of some people that thought they knew everything there was to know about drum corps. It took all I had in me NOT to turn around and correct their idiot conversations.

Went to the theater in Columbia, South Carolina. Not even close to selling out - maybe 50-75 people in there.

First thing we noticed was the bad camera on the left. I'm glad it wasn't just us!!! The quality from that camera looked like old 8mm videos from the 70's.

Our feed also went out during Xmen and came back when Xmen was done. We also had the blip during the Cavies performance.

Of course, our crowd was mainly all about Carolina Crown, but beyond the hometown favorite, the crowd was definitely behind Phantom. Much disappointment at their placement.

And after the first few corps, our crowd got into it more with applause, cheering, BLOOOOO and VANGUARD in the appropriate places, etc. And our theaters was ultra-comfy!!!!

A very fun evening indeed. I wish we could do it again tonight!!! :smile:

We went to the AMC 24 at the Promenade in Westminster, CO. and there were a lot of people there. Not sold out, but pretty close. Sounds like we all had the same feed and associated issues. It would have been nice if they used the whole screen, instead of squeezing and making the bass drums look like ovals. :^)

There was a lot of support for Phantom, SCV and of course the Blue Knights. Lots of friends and family of BK in theater and that was a lot of fun. We got there a little late, and missed some of the early corps, but had a great time.

Bill

High Country Brass

Northglenn, CO

went to the theather in branford, ct. Not sold out but good crowd. Active crowd :) with vanguard yells. bluing, and applause for pretty much everything (except boos and hisses for george). Phantom was the favorite. i had a great time and so did everyone else it seems..... except bones getting passed by madison but they can get it back tonight. :)