DCI at the Movies

heh, I know the feeling.

As for the show, I remember last time I went there was at least a sound feed for the first two corps before the intermission, so you might get to hear PC and Troop if your theater is doing that. I'm hoping ours is!!!

I remember the first time we went to see Quarters in the theaters, we got there SUPER early because we didn't know what kind of crowd would be there. The theater people were befuddled and didn't know what to do. They let us in about two hours early, then they threw us out to do the sound check, then they said we could go back in again, then the manager threw us out again because he got word there were supposed to be no one seated early! ROFL!!!

The theater folks really should be given better instructions from DCI! :smile:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well isn't Bloomington in Central time? I would've thought they were in Central but I just went and checked the DCI site.

Thats why so many people live in Indiana and commute to Chicago (so they can sleep in).

I hope there's a few old geezer Scouts (like my self) at the Pointe Theater in Madison tonight.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Thats why so many people live in Indiana and commute to Chicago (so they can sleep in).

I hope there's a few old geezer Scouts (like my self) at the Pointe Theater in Madison tonight.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Mike, save me a seat I'll get there around 4:45 hopefully

Andrew S

Dunno how many will be in Canton (home of the bluecoats) but me and some friends are going to be there tonight. I cant wait for this! I havent gotten to see ONE SHOW this season live. I had to watch crap on youtube. :( So this is as close as I can get this year. Next year when they get the kinks worked out in Indy I will be there live. But the movies will suffice for one year. CANT WAIT!! I hope Madison pulls back into the top 12.

GO PHANTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO COATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else can go home. :smile:

Those are Eastern time. So that means you will start seeing corps after the intermission.

if we are in Eastern time zone (anyone else hitting Lansing MI??) we have to show up and wait 15 minutes for the start :-(

The person I am with is going to be mighty sad to miss Pioneer!

Edited by kwanswan

Commerce Center 18 - North Brunswick, NJ

It will be interesting to see how the crowd pans out with the addition of 6 new theaters in NJ.

Cinemark 20 in Moosic Pa, right next to scranton. Anyone going?

I heard as of yesterday, they had sold 75 seats for The River in Rancho Mirage, CA. That's about 15 minutes East of Palm Springs, in the heart of an upscale shopping center. A major tourist hangout during the cooler times of the year, but should be pretty tourist free tomorrow, since it's still a little hot here. My music staff and friends account for about 10 of those tickets, so we should have a great time.

We'll be rooting for Vanguard, of course, but I am loving that Spartacus show too. Oh, I suppose we'll probably have to root for BD a bit too, our Brass instructor marches, as well as a couple other local kids. We're all very excited, it should be a great night!

And, I'm sure I'll be cursing my son most of the night for not marching this year!

I'll be looking for you! Your sig line cracks me up! :smile:

I could have said the same thing last year...... this year too, though I was more angry last year.

Edited by EuphoniMom

Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ here!

lovin' that it's 10 mins. away from my house this year and I don't have to drive to North Brunswick!