HOLY NAME CADETS to return in 2009

Now, as far as being the Holy Name Cadets next year, I think that rocks.
I witnessed the disgrace, hurt and cruelty of another church parish that threw out their parish corps for no good reason, just like what happened in Garfield in 1958. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when those pillar-of-the-church schlubs at the Holy Name parish hear about this. Personally I think the Cadets are legally in the clear in reusing the name, but why would they even think of honoring those dirtbag phony-religious bums out there after what they did to the kids back in 1958?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed the disgrace, hurt and cruelty of another church parish that threw out their parish corps for no good reason, just like what happened in Garfield in 1958. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when those pillar-of-the-church schlubs at the Holy Name parish hear about this. Personally I think the Cadets are legally in the clear in reusing the name, but why would they even think of honoring those dirtbag phony-religious bums out there after what they did to the kids back in 1958?

To secure more off-season contributions?

"Drum Corps International proudly presents, The Holy Name Cadets!!"

It's a cool thing! :thumbup:

Count me in too. Great idea. ' Hope like others that the show theme and it's portrayal honors and respects The Holy Name Cadets that were champions several times over in earlier decades.

I trust The Cadets will too.

Will we see Bernstein's " The Mass " ?

If you fools want to continue trying to gratuitously bash the Roman Catholic Church, please take it somewhere else. Without the Catholic parishes, the VFW, AMVETS and American Legion veterans posts, there would be no drum corps today, and no discussion boards to stroke your pathetic egos. If the Cadets use the name Holy Name next year, and I hope they do, I sincerely hope that the true meaning of the Name is respected and the legacy honored.

If you fools want to continue trying to gratuitously bash the Roman Catholic Church, please take it somewhere else. Without the Catholic parishes, the VFW, AMVETS and American Legion veterans posts, there would be no drum corps today, and no discussion boards to stroke your pathetic egos. If the Cadets use the name Holy Name next year, and I hope they do, I sincerely hope that the true meaning of the Name is respected and the legacy honored.

I dont think anyone is BASHING the church just their involvement at the time and what they did to many corps. I am catholic myself and cummon lets get serious its not like there hasnt been reason to bash the antics of some Priests etc etc. lets not make this a religion thing its the honor of a drum corps and the history of a great program.

ets not make this a religion thing its the honor of a drum corps and the history of a great program.

NO, no, let's make this a pointless argument about religion. :thumbup:

A hmmm, George, I believe that God has moved on and is seeing other corps! :thumbup:

Because the members are extremely proud of their tradition and history and have been over the whole being kicked out by the church for decades.

They also don't really hold anything against Garfield or Bergen County despite the lack of support they received from both later on in their years of being associated with them.