HOLY NAME CADETS to return in 2009

OMG. Just got the email about their 2009 show "Lenny"... Leonard Bernstein celebration??? What's this? The Cadets, err... Holy Name is listening to the fans?!? This is going to be epic.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I saw that EMail just now, and I noticed this part:

“That said, we have much work to do regarding design, but you can be sure we will begin work on next year beginning the morning of Aug.10th. What I can say is <b>we do plan to be unique in our approach. We plan to challenge the students, entertain the audience and bring to the field the best version of the Cadets possible. We will draw from the material in such a way that the musical base provides the foundation for a distinctive product that will be remembered</b>, we hope, for years to come.”

From the last few years, I have a feeling that could easily mean lots of narration, lame drum voice stuff (what would be better than drum solors? I've got it- let's make drum noises with our mouths!)

Personally, I hope they drop the vocals, narration, massive prop/sets, and just do what they've always been great at.

lame drum voice stuff (what would be better than drum solors? I've got it- let's make drum noises with our mouths!)

Because they certainly didn't spend most of the song doing drum solos right before the drum speak :tongue:

Because they certainly didn't spend most of the song doing drum solos right before the drum speak :tongue:

It might not have annoyed me so much had the rest of their show not contained so much vocal stuff and narration. The whole thing the past few years has really turned me off to the corps I always considered my favorite.

It might not have annoyed me so much had the rest of their show not contained so much vocal stuff and narration. The whole thing the past few years has really turned me off to the corps I always considered my favorite.

Dude, that show was pretty tame in terms of narration.

Ugh. I saw that EMail just now, and I noticed this part:

From the last few years, I have a feeling that could easily mean lots of narration, lame drum voice stuff (what would be better than drum solors? I've got it- let's make drum noises with our mouths!)

Personally, I hope they drop the vocals, narration, massive prop/sets, and just do what they've always been great at.

How about we stop assuming and just wait for the show to come out?

There was only 1 line of actual narration in the entire show at the very beginning. Other than that there was the vocal stuff at the beginning of the drum feature (Which is from the original piece) and the drum speak after the drum solos.

All in all there really wasn't much vocal stuff in that show.

There was only 1 line of actual narration in the entire show at the very beginning. Other than that there was the vocal stuff at the beginning of the drum feature (Which is from the original piece) and the drum speak after the drum solos.

All in all there really wasn't much vocal stuff in that show.

I thought it was an EXCELLENT show. Performed VERY well.