Finals Prediction 2008

It would be great if those reading predictions would lighten up a whole lot and stop taking it so personal. As if any of it means a darn tooten.........

Just because Billybob has you not making finals does not and should not mean you are going to work any less or have any less fun leading up to finals.

YOU get out of this what YOU put into it so why would anyone take casual non scientific theory proven conversation as freaking gospel.

I think the entire weekend is going to be awful since I can not attend this year - there ya have it - read it and weep - cancel all reservations it just won't be worth going........

Funny how all those years marching family stuff never got in the way, now I'm out and I swear they plan these big shindigs for the weekend just because....

Thank you for interpreting my email for me and telling me what I meant. :thumbup:

Good luck to all corps.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Cabs-they are just that good.

ES- anniversary helps them and they are just that good.

Hurcs -Only place they could place.Not working their way up the ladder like people think.

MBI - Just can't hack getting any higher.

Brigs - Boring

Renegades - Will never make it up the ladder any higher.

CV - better than ever but still not up the ladder far enough.Give them another 10 years.

Bush - Horrible this year but will make it because of who they are.

Kilties-Look who is fronting them.Enough Said.

-----

Cru-Just barley ahead of MCL.Both have a lot of work to do.

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream

I love reading these predictions. depending on the person, they can never give credit where credit is due.

The Hurcs are a force to be reckon with. Tomorrow, I believe they will solidify them as a top 3 corps. It seems that most people are trying to put them down further then they might want them to be.

Bush, to say they are horrible is an insult. They go out there and bust their but every year and to call them horrible is a slap in the face. They might not be as good as other corps, but show respect and say that they are not as good. Thats just my opinion.

These predictions are opinion based and I respect opinions. But when posting, please have some type of tact when taking about another group.

"QUOTE (cadetsfan @ Aug 8 2008, 01:29 AM)

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Hurcs -Only place they could place.Not working their way up the ladder like people think.

Brigs - Boring

CV - better than ever but still not up the ladder far enough.Give them another 10 years.

-----

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream"

What does this poster(cadets fan) mean by who is the fronting the Kilties? The DM or Scott Stewart? Making the top ten should be on merits not who is the director of the corps?

Mike

"QUOTE (cadetsfan @ Aug 8 2008, 01:29 AM)

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Brigs - Boring

-----

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream"

What does this poster(cadets fan) mean by who is the fronting the Kilties? The DM or Scott Stewart? Making the top ten should be on merits not who is the director of the corps?

Mike

Though the poster could have been more subtle in his post, I think he is referring to Scott Stewart. Having a great corps director really does help a corps. I think one can consider that as a merit on its own.

Though the poster could have been more subtle in his post, I think he is referring to Scott Stewart. Having a great corps director really does help a corps. I think one can consider that as a merit on its own.

Agreed.

As for my comment about the Kilties.

A good corps director with the experience and track record for putting together a progressive organization in many cases can and will lend credibility to the organization while a director without a track record might and will get scrutinized more.

I have read many recap's where the judge realizes that the elements of the show are there only to find the members are not executing it properly.The judges know that Scott knows how to teach these kids to march based on his history but the kids are not grasping the execution.

As to my comment about the Bushwackers.I probably could have chose my words a bit more careful.Lets face it though.They are struggling this year with numbers and execution.I am not sure they are even worthy of a top 10 finish at this point in the season but they will be there because of their track record.

Recaps tell the story.

I love reading these predictions. depending on the person, they can never give credit where credit is due.

The Hurcs are a force to be reckon with. Tomorrow, I believe they will solidify them as a top 3 corps. It seems that most people are trying to put them down further then they might want them to be.

They finished what place last year? 7th place with a score of 92+?

Year before that? 7th with a score of 86+?

05 a 10th place finish with a score of 84+

Dca judging at championships has been pretty consistent over the years.I could see Hurricanes moving up a singe spot this year.Maybe even two spots but a top three slot?Not going to happen.Saying that Hurricanes will be a top 3 contender is almost as bold of a statement that someone made about Cru being in the top 4 this year.

>> Renegades - Will never make it up the ladder any higher.

I look for you guys to rock out with your gock out. :thumbup::smile: :smile:

Best of luck to you this year and I hope to see you move up in placements.

Edited by camel lips

They are off and running this year.Great Scores early on and they seem to keep moving up the totem pole.IT remains to be seen if Cabs, Empire and MBI can come over the top of them.Any one of these three corps are within reach and capable of knocking them back down.

Next weekend will be a very important date to watch these corps and the scores.