Finals Prediction 2008

Demand has nothing to do with the sheets anymore. It's a shame too, because Grenadiers have some serious demand in their show. Especially the drum book. But what else is new, we always had a demanding book that constantly got under scored. I believe demand should be on the sheets again without a doubt. Too many corps from top to bottom A and Open class play it easy.

the what and the how are there. just because you have the what doesnt mean you have the how. too often people think just because they do this or so and so wrote that, they should get points. it doesnt work that way.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True... but when demand meets cleanliness... that still counts. Which brings me to my next question... have you seen Alliance? Don't get me wrong, they aren't winning Open Class this year by any stretch of the imagination, but they are placing way up there in some captions (they are 7th in percussion of Open Class right now! And I can believe it). I think their brass is ranking around 10th in Open... not to mention they are winning EVERY major caption in Class A (and almost every sub-caption). There is just a lot going in their favor. I think the only thing that will stop these guys, is if they stop themselves... and I don't think that is going to happen this year.

I guess for now, I am going to have to agree to disagree. We shall see in about three weeks! :smile:

I won't deny Alliance has a kick ### overall program this year. Without a doubt they are getting what they deserve.

I havent had that stuff in years. and where is Schallers?

Ridge Rd East in Irondequoit near Hudson Avenue.........OK joint but overrated! Try Don's Original at Seabreeze or Vic & Irv's next door.......on the shore of Lake Ontario! :smile:

Okay, before I head off to Bloomington, here's my "Final Finals" prediction

Blue Devils will either win or come in second.

Cavaliers will either win or come in fourth.

Phantom Regiment will either win or come in third.

Crown will come in third or fourth.

I hope that clears up any confusion. :smile:

This isn't meant to be offensive, but unless SoCal has significantly increased the demand of their show from years past, I'm not sure if they have the package to beat these guys.

Actually, our show does have more demand than previous years, especially in the visual department...and the members LOVE IT!! :smile:

I wonder if anyone has actually seen both Dream and Alliance. I know a member of Dream did get to see Alliance a couple weeks ago.

Oh, and our closer will turn some heads. :smile:

I miss the Rochester scene! I was just chatting with Brian Coughlin two weeks ago and we were remembering teaching Patriots but then we switched to our time in the Power Company band, that was great! The Newport House, Geckos, etc (I forgot the names of the clubs).

Ridge Rd East in Irondequoit near Hudson Avenue.........OK joint but overrated! Try Don's Original at Seabreeze or Vic & Irv's next door.......on the shore of Lake Ontario! :thumbup:

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Cabs-they are just that good.

ES- anniversary helps them and they are just that good.

Hurcs -Only place they could place.Not working their way up the ladder like people think.

MBI - Just can't hack getting any higher.

Brigs - Boring

Renegades - Will never make it up the ladder any higher.

CV - better than ever but still not up the ladder far enough.Give them another 10 years.

Bush - Horrible this year but will make it because of who they are.

Kilties-Look who is fronting them.Enough Said.

-----

Cru-Just barley ahead of MCL.Both have a lot of work to do.

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream

Thanks for the ramd flashback.

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Cabs-they are just that good.

ES- anniversary helps them and they are just that good.

Hurcs -Only place they could place.Not working their way up the ladder like people think.

MBI - Just can't hack getting any higher.

Brigs - Boring

Renegades - Will never make it up the ladder any higher.

CV - better than ever but still not up the ladder far enough.Give them another 10 years.

Bush - Horrible this year but will make it because of who they are.

Kilties-Look who is fronting them.Enough Said.

-----

Cru-Just barley ahead of MCL.Both have a lot of work to do.

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream

Very entertaining thread. I guess these predictions are as valid as anyone else's.

Renegades members and fans probably already spotted this, but didn't they finish 6th in 2004 and 5th in 2005? They've already made it higher than 7th.

It would be great if all the predictors were able to watch all the shows and then rank them against their earlier opinions. I bet many would rethink what they are saying now.

Very entertaining thread. I guess these predictions are as valid as anyone else's.

Renegades members and fans probably already spotted this, but didn't they finish 6th in 2004 and 5th in 2005? They've already made it higher than 7th.

It would be great if all the predictors were able to watch all the shows and then rank them against their earlier opinions. I bet many would rethink what they are saying now.

Recaps and history go a long way.

It would be great if those reading predictions would lighten up a whole lot and stop taking it so personal. As if any of it means a darn tooten.........

Just because Billybob has you not making finals does not and should not mean you are going to work any less or have any less fun leading up to finals.

YOU get out of this what YOU put into it so why would anyone take casual non scientific theory proven conversation as freaking gospel.

I think the entire weekend is going to be awful since I can not attend this year - there ya have it - read it and weep - cancel all reservations it just won't be worth going........

Funny how all those years marching family stuff never got in the way, now I'm out and I swear they plan these big shindigs for the weekend just because....