Looking for Handicapped Seating Info at DCA

Fran if you and Jim send in the entrance fee, I'll have the course set for a wheelchair roll off.

Just a note on the handicap situation. At the last Rochester committee meeting it was brought up about the distance from the handicap parking and the seats. I think you'll find it easier for people who have a hard time walking this year.

I've been around many championships for the last 25 years or so, nobody trys to make improvements like this group in Rochester.

And the best part of being on the committee is if something goes wrong we can blame Allen!!

I vote DCA Rochester for 2010 for all the right reasons. If ever there were to be a Drum Corps' Capitol....... :worthy::worthy:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran if you and Jim send in the entrance fee, I'll have the course set for a wheelchair roll off.

:worthy::smile::smile:

But only if the wheelchairs are designated as "DCA-approved instruments"!!!! LOL

Fran

And the best part of being on the committee is if something goes wrong we can blame Allen!!

Easy Skippy! :worthy:

Allen just thought of something. Last year one(?) of the handicapped elevators was out of commision before Finals started. Problem was too many people got on and jammed it. To the stadium peoples credit it was working by end of the night and someone was inside making sure that it didn't get overloaded again. If possible, perhaps a reminder to have someone staffing again this year.

I also remembered this from last year and went over it in my last meeting. All has been handled!!

:smile::smile::smile:

But only if the wheelchairs are designated as "DCA-approved instruments"!!!! LOL

Fran

The ones in Bb won't run as fast as the ones in G. :worthy:

Oh boy I can answer three at once and cut down on my total post count... OY! :smile:

Marty: Thanks and Kris said the same thing about being good to her. My response was it's more fun with her there no matter what extra crap we have to go thru. Actually I give her credit for wanting to spend all weekend (all events) at something she never did. And being with a fun group like the 8-10 Lancers that show up makes the non-DC events fun too. This is our "weekend with other people" time.

And seriously, we missed 2006 due to a death in the family. Putting things into perspective, this ain't nuttin'...

Fran: Waiting to see if anyone says "Hi Barb" to Kris at I&E. After all you and I look so much alike. :smile:

Jeff: Forgot to say Hi for you to the female half. I could hear the male half in the background and I stated laughing. Actually he was helping because I forget to say the tickets were not in my name and they couldn't find my name in the system. :worthy:

Plus received some PM offers for help too... Yeah, DC people look out for each other. :smile:

the giveaway was when you said who was working the computer...i knew it had to be her :smile:

I also remembered this from last year and went over it in my last meeting. All has been handled!!

you doa great job of keeping a list of issues brought up, great, small, whining for the sake of whining and everything in between and doing what you can to accomodate all. While I was partial to Scranton for many reasons ( ok, i'm lazy, it was 2 hours away instead of 5) you and your crew plus the Rhinos folks are doing a great job of making me not miss Scranton too much. in fact really, I only miss it once i hit the NY line.

kudos to you, and remember, now that Tom P. is back, blame him. it worked for the Renegades :worthy:

Well I ain't going to complain or blame anyone....

Mainly cuz I'm gonna be too #### easy to spot this year, especially Friday night. :smile: All those years of being an anonymous bottom chair Bari just got shot to Hades.....

Cool on the elevator issue Allen. If the committee remembered to check on something that happened part of one night almost a year ago, you can tell lot of effort going into the details.

PS - Ain't G wheelchairs louder??? :smile:

Edit: Just told my wife about Frans idea for the roll off. Her quote was something like "Only if you and Fran are the ones doing the rolling". :worthy::smile: Yeah, we're know for our sense of humor, our one minister saw the boot and asked Kris how she doing, etc, etc. Then when I come up he says in a loud voice "Well if you quit kicking the poor guy!". :smile::smile:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

you doa great job of keeping a list of issues brought up, great, small, whining for the sake of whining and everything in between and doing what you can to accomodate all. While I was partial to Scranton for many reasons ( ok, i'm lazy, it was 2 hours away instead of 5) you and your crew plus the Rhinos folks are doing a great job of making me not miss Scranton too much. in fact really, I only miss it once i hit the NY line.

kudos to you,:worthy:

Thanks for the kind words. It's year #3... Hope we have it down by now!!

Very Broad Shoulders Here

blame away!