World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

Read all the posts, it's all about how BD is not worthy of the score, how bad they are, how they don't deserve it, etc.

How about instead of attacking BD, you figure out how to beat them?

Reading Comprehension is your friend.

People are saying that BD is great, but not a perfect 20 is great. In fact, The Cavaliers aren't a perfect 20 great either. IMO, The Cavaliers and BD should have tied in visual (minus cg) at least. I thought Cavs were cleaner, but whatever. Two nights of perfect scores was not right. I don't think the judges are managing the numbers very well.

*sigh*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Otherwise, the winner each show would have a 100.

Sorry.

No.

If 100 were truly "perfection" how could we possibly have different standards between World Class and Open Class? Wouldn't BDB's 95 have to therefore mean the same as the Cadets' 95? They're both the same distance from 100, after all.

Now...

1. Did going on after Phantom hurt the Cavies tonight?

2. Will it affect BD at all tomorrow night?

1. Yes

2. Dear God, I hope so.

No.

Otherwise, the winner each show would have a 100.

Sorry.

This is not a guess it's a FACT!

Debbie could have done the same to get herself out of a 19.50 for PR if she wanted to spread LETS SAY Cavies guard in second then 10 for BD to hold more of an open spread and not close the gap.

I found this out by sitting down with the judges in DCI (my brothers in who I marched with) This was after I was ###### off cavies had gotten 10's in guard.

amd now I know better.......

Edited by Cop

Being a huge BD fan I would have to agree with alot of the posts about their perfect score tonight. The judges basically boxed themselves in and did not have anyplace to go. It is tough for one to imagine that it is perfect, because I did not think they had a great run tonight, but then again if the judge thought they were better then whoever they had at 9.9 or 9.8 well they just did not leave themselves much room to goand had to go to the next highest level which was a 10.

How about instead of attacking BD, you figure out how to beat them?

Bigger bribes ?

( rimshot)

Being a huge BD fan I would have to agree with alot of the posts about their perfect score tonight. The judges basically boxed themselves in and did not have anyplace to go. It is tough for one to imagine that it is perfect, because I did not think they had a great run tonight, but then again if the judge thought they were better then whoever they had at 9.9 or 9.8 well they just did not leave themselves much room to goand had to go to the next highest level which was a 10.

This.

Regardless of the scores, just about every corps had an amazing run tonight. I'll definitely be buying the DVDs for this season. Great stuff from top to bottom.

Some of us are not even talking about the 20's, I could care less... I know they don't mean perfection. My issue is with the spread and the spread increasing... I don't even care about us being in 3rd... but to have gone down in spread? I just don't see it... not from what I just watched... that was some amazing drill that I've never seen before... and it was #### clean. I say threeway tie or have some closer scores... but don't start spreading stuff out that shouldn't be.