World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

Well, I marched drum & BUGLE corps, I marched the first DCI back in Whitewater when it was drum and BUGLE corps, besides teaching corps and being a band director for 30 years.

Now, did you ever march drum and bugle corps ?

:thumbup:

See signature....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I am tired of the "Thumbs Down - Boo" to the winner and all the snide remarks. How about "hey I disagree, but great job". This stuff acting like BD doesn't deserve it is rediculous.

I would never say that to another corps, I have more respect than that.

Like I said. Do I think BD SHOULD win? Of Course!!

But if someone else does tomorrow night, I will be the first one in here congratulating their team. And no, I will not be bashing judges, the corps, the design, the playing, the marching, etc.

...could it be that most people like other shows better in both execution and design than Blue Devils? :thumbup:

In any year there is always going to be lots of people that disagree with placement. In 07 people tend to think that the Cadets deserved the #1 spot because of their incredible execution, yet were screwed because of their narration & such. In 06 people tend to think that Phantom Regiment deserved the #1 spot because of an incredible all together show that some feel is 10 times more exciting & demanding than "Machine" from the Cavaliers. In 05 TONS of people hated Cadets for obvious reasons, and even though they knew that they were out-executing everyone people thought the design was immature or too weird.

THERE ARE ALWAYS PEOPLE THAT COMPLAIN...EVEN YOU...

the most you can do is accept that people have different opinions and respect their opinions just like you would respect Phantom Regiment or the Cavaliers if, and hopefully when, they jump BD tomorrow.

Well, I marched drum & BUGLE corps, I marched the first DCI back in Whitewater when it was drum and BUGLE corps, besides teaching corps and being a band director for 30 years.

Now, did you ever march drum and bugle corps ?

:smile:

Wow, can you BE more condescending?

Grow up :thumbup:

Drum Corps Planet = HATE BD!!!

I don't hate BD, I just like sitting behind a computer screen and yanking chains, doesn't matter who's.

Pft... rookie. What's your extensive marching resume??

Oh, by the way, the only reason I am upset, is that the boards at -

Drum Corps Planet = HATE BD!!!

Sorry bud, but Cadets and us get a lot of flack too. Just take it in stride and let it go, people are just upset... it happens... if it didn't then that would mean no one cared. All in all, we all enjoy this activity, enjoy the shows, and enjoy the kids that make this all possible, but just like any other sport (and yes it is a sport in my book) everyone's gonna pull for their favorites and when it's as close this... atleast a few will cry foul. It's just how it goes, but you can't take it to heart.