World Class Finals Discussion Thread

bd back up but content is still phantom

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh it's gonna get nasty for bandwidth in the next 1/2 hour

Wow, from everything I am hearing and what I heard over the cell phone, BD just had their best show of the year. Crowd gave a standing "O" before show was done.

#13 BABY!!

The three black circles? (going by the photos on corpsreps) It looks like a kamon or family "coat of arms" or "family crest" symbol.

Found it. It's a symbol called a "hidari mitsu tomoe" or "mitsudomoe" which might be closer to the real pronunciation.

Wikimedia Commons has it:

Image:Hidari_mitsudomoe.jpg

You see it here and there on shrines in Japan, and I read (on a Japanese website) that it is meant to represent heaven, earth, and humankind in Shinto symbology, and is linked with the Shinto war god "Hachiman".

Cavaliers did a great job with their show this year. It could have been really hokey and embarrassing like some hollywood movies trying to represent Japan, but they did a good job with it. Love the silks that are "vertical rectangles" like you see in the various samurai movies. Really gives a "Japanese" feeling.

Kampai,

Rick

My buddy at the stadium said that the corps are all lined up on the field now. Scores to come soon! BD's Feet were immaculate, better than PR, to my own dismay.

My buddy at the stadium said that the corps are all lined up on the field now. Scores to come soon! BD's Feet were immaculate, better than PR, to my own dismay.