If Regiment is Announced in 2nd Tonight

How Regiment isn't winning and running away with it is truly beyond my and many other peoples' comprehension. If they are announced in 2nd (or God forbid, worse) tonight, will DCI have a riot on their hands? I predict a chorus of boos that will put any of the '90s Madison boo-birds and the 2000 announcement of a championship tie.... AGAIN... to shame. At least this isn't being broadcast out to the world, LIVE, so no one will ever know it.

If you're going to the show tonight, don't forget your spears and shields for the post-show shenanigans! :smile:

*crossing fingers hoping none of that will be required* Regiment for the win!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll fly from my home in South Carolina to the stadium and start a riot. I couldn't imagine anyone else winning. Heck, I'll go start a riot here. I'll challenge the scores and have a rematch.

Petition anyone? I'll get it started if you all sign.

They aren't running away because the visual program is not strong enough. I'm pulling for Phantom too, but I won't be uber-upset if they don't take it.

But those others in contention have some glaring weaknesses in design, much moreso than Phantom if you ask me.

Agreed. Regiment is SO strong in GE, yet that isn't being reflected in the sheets. They should be dominating in spite of their visual performance. Besides, what they are attempting out there is just crazy. Scoring is supposed to be a blend between demand and execution. They aren't getting enough credit for demand, IMO.

Agreed. Regiment is SO strong in GE, yet that isn't being reflected in the sheets. They should be dominating in spite of their visual performance. Besides, what they are attempting out there is just crazy. Scoring is supposed to be a blend between demand and execution. They aren't getting enough credit for demand, IMO.

unfortunately, there isn't a box for emotional GE...if there was, they'd be box 6. BD and Cavies are as clean or cleaner than Phantom...BD kinda leaves me scratchin' my head a little, and Cavies are just too sterile to be exciting.

Even if Phantom drops to third in judging, they can look at the crowd reaction and see that they are first with them...and that's not a shallow victory...

They are being rewarded for their Music GE, which is where they deserve it.

Their visual GE isn't as strong because drill is not as effective if it is dirty.

They are being rewarded for their Music GE, which is where they deserve it.

Their visual GE isn't as strong because drill is not as effective if it is dirty.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Phantom won't win.

Also, they were 5th last night in OVERALL visual. How can you expect to win with that?

Edited by WOOHOO