If Regiment is Announced in 2nd Tonight

I dont think anyone willbe booing here tonight. This crowd isnt stupid. While, to me, I consider this Phantom Regiment show, one of the best of all time, and it has moved me to goosebumps, gasping, and tears, i dont think it may win the title, but it alread has received the greatest prize of all. Its place in history is secure.

Scores need not apply, this is a winner in every way......and....they really still do have a shot to take it all, its going to be a real competition tonight.

Geoffrey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that everybody does as well as they've been doing (with nobody having an off night), I'd predict there would be a threat tonight of rioting :smile: only if Phantom were to fall to fourth or lower, heavy booing if they were to fall to third, and some booing if they were second. I think you'll hear more of a groan of disappointment, and then some booing for the judges followed by a growing and major emotional ovation for Phantom. It might be major boo bird time, but I doubt it, if everybody does their show well.

The crowd especially last night was much more emotional about Phantom (and even Cavaliers) than Blue Devils, but I think that was more a midwest thing and an it's-Phantom's-turn thing than a resent-or-don't-get-the-Devils thing. I think most fans there, whether or not they are emotionally engaged by the Devils' show, do recognize and appreciate how well BD is performing it... which is really well.

Even though momentum is slipping away from them, I'd predict BD is still the silght favorite to win on the scoresheet.

Even though momentum is slipping away from them, I'd predict BD is still the silght favorite to win on the scoresheet.

How are they losing momentum ? After losing to Cavaliers in Allentown, they regained the lead and widened the spread, they arent going to lay down and die.

Geoffrey

How are they losing momentum ? After losing to Cavaliers in Allentown, they regained the lead and widened the spread, they arent going to lay down and die.

Geoffrey

I think Blue Devils just seem more vulnerable to being passed by. Part of it's crowd buzz. The crowd not only believes the other top four are right in it, they seem to think Phantom will do it. The other part of it's me and my personal reaction I really didn't think Blue Devils could be caught coming out of San Antonio and Atlanta, but they don't seem that far ahead any more to me, and that's reflected in the total scores. When it's this close, it can come down to the judging panel and their personal preferences as reflected in the scores.

If I were taking bets, I'd say Blue Devils have a 55% chance, Phantom has a 30% chance, and Cavaliers have a 14% chance, with the rest of the field including Crown, 1%. That's still a lot more leeway than I'd have given any other 2nd place or lower corps in any other year in recent memory. Upsets and last minute surges have become a rare commodity in DCI finals. Not impossible, just not highly likely.

This really is a midwest thing. BD was being bashed on this forum all year last year and yet a finals they not only won but the crowd was on their side. Of course, Finals was in CA so what do you expect. BD has many haters because they are almost always a threat to win, but why after beating Phantom in Quarters and Semis people think BD is just going to fall apart because they have to go on after Phantom realy baffles me. BD will win by a tenth, once again proving that Phantom just cannot beat BD when it counts! (A little West Coast love to even this message board out!)

This really is a midwest thing. BD was being bashed on this forum all year last year and yet a finals they not only won but the crowd was on their side. Of course, Finals was in CA so what do you expect. BD has many haters because they are almost always a threat to win, but why after beating Phantom in Quarters and Semis people think BD is just going to fall apart because they have to go on after Phantom realy baffles me. BD will win by a tenth, once again proving that Phantom just cannot beat BD when it counts! (A little West Coast love to even this message board out!)

*sigh*

Something I think all of us here love about this, is that we can engulf ourselves into something bigger than us, we can't control what happens, and I think that is such an enjoyable part of this. So why riot when you can't do anything about it. I mean sure we will be heart broken if phantom loses. But its not about winning or losing, they put out an amazing product this year, that can pull you in emotionally. I don't think there will be a riot, nor should there be no matter what the outcome.

BD will win by a tenth, once again proving that Phantom just cannot beat BD when it counts!

Reference, 2006 DCI World Championship Finals, Madison, WI.

Before I forget. (Still loved BD that year, though)

Well, I grew up on the West Coast liking BD & I really don't want them to win tonight, Give me Phantom tonight.