The VK Shark

also plays in with the corps playing that little line from JAWS

(click on link from previous post "Landshark" skit from SNL)

Hope you had a fun season Jyri!

Nancy

VK Alumni 77-82

Edited by neholgate

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they altered their make-up slightly.

VK's guard and Incognito's guard became quite close during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they altered their make-up as a shout out to their friends back home.

Yeah I was corrected by one of the guard members. It was a shout out to Incognito. :)

But the Fridge is the new Shark.

Nuke the Fridge

Ok, how about we compromise and Nuke the shark then :smile:

i'd like to thank everyone for posting these wonderful pictures.I really had a blast playing the role of the shark (and cymbal killer :lol: )

if anyone has pictures of the shark roaming the lot at finals i'd love to see them.

Thank you.

i'd like to thank everyone for posting these wonderful pictures.I really had a blast playing the role of the shark (and cymbal killer :blink: )

if anyone has pictures of the shark roaming the lot at finals i'd love to see them.

Thank you.

I hope you got to meet Jody Knight, who was there on Friday and Saturday. She was one of the "little" backfield DMs that got chased by the shark in '85, as we spelled out "OH NO" on the field and went into our reprise of Peter Gunn. God I loved that girl! :blink:

I hope you got to meet Jody Knight, who was there on Friday and Saturday. She was one of the "little" backfield DMs that got chased by the shark in '85, as we spelled out "OH NO" on the field and went into our reprise of Peter Gunn. God I loved that girl! :cool:

Jody is a hoot! She has lots of great stories to share.

Save the earth from the shark!

I got the shark checking out pics on the laptop of the JOLESCH both lol.... will post it soon

I also hear the shark was reading the newspaper at DCI

history lesson on the shark? anyone?.... I know this didn't starting 92 as I've seen it in earlier shows as well.

The first use of a physical representation of a shark came in 1983. It was a styrofoam fin mounted on a cafeteria tray trailed by the assistant drum major with fishing wire during the backfield warm-up. This was added fairly late in the season. It may have even been after seeing the Bridgemen doing a football act as part of backfield warm-ups at CYO Nationals. The playing of the Jaws theme had gone on most of the season, if not all of it.

Also late in the season, a bried Jaws interloud was inserted into the production number, Shangrila.

I had heard nothing of VK doing anything with Jaws in the 70's prior to getting the on-line alumni group going last season.