The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

AND...maybe it will signal the return of the in-your-face shows as a winning competitive formula with the judging community (as if we are not already seeing it return with many of this years' programs... :worthy: )

While I would have agreed with you 100% since 1980, I must say the this has been the most entertaining season FOR ME, since then.

Maybe it's because of the fan network.............maybe it's because there were so many really great shows AND great corps this year ?

I've ###### and moaned about DCI for many years, yet, even though I did not see the show tonight, I could not be more pleased with this whole season.

To DCI, thank you for the fan network as well as the theater showings.

Phantom- thank you for "smacking me right in the face and making me FEEL again".

BD- you may be bizarre and wear uniforms that sorta look like crap to me, you have ALWAYS been a 1st classs entertainer as well as competitor.

Cavies- had Phantom not had this show, I would have finally become a Cavies die hard.

Crown - Congrats, you are for real and deserve to be in the "top" groups where any given night, anyone can win.

Cadets - Thank you for being you. Even in the roughest year with the most negative comments from the fans ( "ME"), you still had class and I wish you luck next year. As a band director who has made bad choices that affected my kids several times, I feel for you and for Mr. Hopkins. No matter what, you still have much more class than me. Good luck next year.

Blue Stars - wow, what a great year and what a way back into the "hunt". Other "come back" corps could use your guidance, please help them.

Madison- welcome back

SCV- THANK YOU for forcing my narrow mind to keep listening to what you were doing. My God, that took balls to perform and educate people like me.

MY GOD, what a great year. I could have understood any of the top 4 taking the gold. Evan as a music educator ( and jerk) for 20+ years, I :worthy: to your excellence in education.

And a BIG thank you to DCP. Even though I don't agree with the way people are censored, I'm thrilled George Dixon had the balls to set this up and let not only the PC people communicate, but the wierdos and ###holes like me stir the post.

What a great year..................but my heart goes to the other top 4 corps that didn't win.......so close, yet, so far.........................

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would have agreed with you 100% since 1980, I must say the this has been the most entertaining season FOR ME, since then.

I said it in another buried thread, but...

I saw the epitome of marching music, something that I have not witnessed since the 1988 Santa Clara corps. I talked to Dr. Dan after quarterfinals and told him that the corps was absolutely breathtaking. Breathtaking. I was in tears and beyond words. I left the stadium after Regiment went on, as there was nothing more to see on that field. I did the same thing back in 1988.

Congratulations to the corps, the staff and Rick V. for bringing this most wonderful and fullfilling moment onto the drum corps field. Kudos to the judges as well, for giving credit to what was one of the most memorable shows of all time. Real drum corps, done in a real way and finally...given the credit that it deserves.

suta.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

This is a quarter century overdue. It is SO wonderful to see Phantom Regiment win the trophy outright, after so many years of watching them put on the best show yet be handed silver or bronze. And it is particularly sweet to see them win with THIS show. May this be the first of many!

I can't help but feel happy for the Regiment. For years some people would say "always a bridesmaid but never a bride", or "yeah, they won a title but it was a tie" like they commited a crime. They had to live with that monkey on their back for years. Their title this year is poetic justice! :worthy:

I said in another thread earlier yesterday that Phantom would not win.

Well I am so glad I was PROVEN WRONG!!!!

I am so angry that I missed THE BEST YEAR IN DRUM CORPS EVER!!!!!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO PHANTOM. YOU DESERVE EVERY BIT OF IT. YOU CHANGED DCI FOREVER!!

There was a thread about the most legendary shows. Well I think we can all agree that this is THE most legendary show EVER!!

Here's to another great year of spectacular drum corps.

Congratulations, Phantom Regiment! I'm usually a fan of yours, but this summer I couldn't quite into your show... until the Semifinals WebCast. The emotion that was obviously just oozing out of your performance even bled through to the internet! I couldn't deny the aura that was around your show. After a couple more viewings, I'm sure '08 will turn into another Phantom favorite of mine. When my friend text me the scores, I couldn't believe it! What a score, and what a win!

My beloved Cavaliers came in third (again :worthy: ), but I think this show could have won in a different year. Congrats, guys, to an amazing 60th year!

From top to bottom, this has been an amazing season. The talent has risen, the performance level has risen, the design has risen. Here's to hoping 2009 is even better! :worthy:

Congratulations, Phantom Regiment! I'm usually a fan of yours, but this summer I couldn't quite into your show... until the Semifinals WebCast. The emotion that was obviously just oozing out of your performance even bled through to the internet! I couldn't deny the aura that was around your show. After a couple more viewings, I'm sure '08 will turn into another Phantom favorite of mine. When my friend text me the scores, I couldn't believe it! What a score, and what a win!

My beloved Cavaliers came in third (again :worthy: ), but I think this show could have won in a different year. Congrats, guys, to an amazing 60th year!

From top to bottom, this has been an amazing season. The talent has risen, the performance level has risen, the design has risen. Here's to hoping 2009 is even better! :worthy:

HERE HERE!!

I still cannot believe it. :worthy:

phantom phans have been waiting this day!!! CONGRATULATIONS PR! YOU DESERVE YOUR FIRST STAND ALONE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
:worthy::worthy: