The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

If I PM you my phone number, can you forward me that message? :worthy:

Me too, I was there but would love to be able to savor the moment. It has been a long time coming. SUTA.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big congrats to Regiment and all their alumni. It's about time you finally took it home all for yourself.

Also, a note to all: please remember that "don't feed the trolls" means don't reply to them, not "everyone try to get him to go away by shouting at him." I just deleted about thirty posts that referred to a trolling post.

Congrats to Phantom... I actually got to be part of this season and I am so thankful. Even got to call my brother and read the scores off...and in second place again with a score of...BD...Silence...then holy crap Phantom won?....I enjoyed that!

Tough loss for BD but I know they will handle it with class and come back with a vengence next year...

This may sound repetitive and overused but there are no words that I feel can truly depict a state that phans and alumni all over the world feel. So, in trying to describe these indescribable joys we say words like "PROUD, FINALLY, PERFECTION, MODEL DRUM CORPS for the FUTURE, PHAMILY and HAPPINESS." To most who have a passing interest, these words may sound empty of true meaning. However, those few who love this corps beyond description share in an event fortold, but never begotten. Just yesterday, there was a time when a future tense was the default way to speak on a PR victory in DCI alone to hold. A gold medal? Nothing but a mythological event on parrallel to the second comming of the savior himself!

Not Tonight...and thats what I am trying to get you to imagine so that you can see what we mean when we express deep emotion in these hours. A final score tonight of 98.125 means that our second in time and frozen still photo for history gaurentees an eternity from which we can recall a memory and shed a happy tear for knowing life is more than a moment. Life is a challenge that can be accomplished through true and faithful devotion. Life is an instrument with each one of us playing a pitch that is trying to find its other to create some harmony that makes sense. Life is about faith- and out of our faith as Regiment Alum, phans and friends have been rewarded today....never forget.

SUTA

PR2001

Well spoken Chris. All those who have marched, instructed, volunteered, or have been Phantom Phans all these years share your sentiment. The win tonight was an insane feeling. Not quite how I often imagined it would be. In many ways better because SOOO many people in the audience were truly touched beyond words by the show. The show just felt RIGHT tonight. Kudos to all involved in this years production. Thank you for all that you did to make this win a reality for all of us who have believed in the Regiment forever.

Marilyn Renner

'75-'80

I'll say this much. A couple seats over from me, after the scores were announced, was a guy wearing a Phantom jacket from the 2007 season. I didn't catch all of his story, he was talking to someone else next to him, but he wasn't able to march with Phantom again this year, seemingly because of an injury, or something unforeseen along those lines. He was absolutely in tears, racked with sobs, watching the crowd simply erupt for the corps he calls his own. It was an absolutely profound statement as to what this victory means for the entire Phantom Regiment family. SUTA indeed!

First of all, congratulations to the Phantom Regiment, all their phamily, and all their phans.

About 8:15 PDT, my phone rang at work. We have a no cell phone use policy at work, so I had to wait for a break to listen to the voice mail. My lovely bride, the Regiment alumna, said she had some bad news. SCV had slipped from 6th to 7th. Then gave me the reverse order of finish. She got to second place, "with a score of 98.1....BLUE DEVILS! THEY WON! THEY WON! THEY WON! REGIMENT WON!"

I couldn't call her back until almost two hours later. She was still floating on air.

We had gone to the QF show in the theatre Thursday night. She had a gut feeling then, very much like 1996. We both saw the possibility that night. We didn't see as much of the show as we would have liked...too much emotion going on! Ever watch a drum corps show under water? I have!

After moving up to second on Friday, we really thought they could do it. But it was the SCVC win in Open Class that made us believe it was going to be a Regiment win in World Class.

For all who have worn the uniform, sewed the flags, served the camp meals, designed/written/taught the shows, thank you for everything.

But especially to the 2008 Phantom Regiment, congratulations! You earned this championship. It was an outstanding group of corps this year. You were the best.

Because I'm married to the corps I think I can honestly say SUTA!

Garry in Vegas

PS Please don't make me wait another 26 years to see and hear Spartacus again!

Edited by CrunchyTenor

He** yeah!!!! Way to go PR!!!!! I have to say that I am kicking myself silly for not making time to go and see this show in person. I know that in the theatre on Thursday night, the minute that the DM got speared, we went nuts and didn't stop talking and cheering (with no disrespect to the DM) and screaming and clapping and yelling all the way until the last note of the show. While the Cavies and BD show were wonderful in their own respects, the Regiment captured my attention before the show started and never let go. It's about time for PR....you've been waiting a long time....and 2003 should have been your year....glad it's now come around.

I will say that I saw a post the other night that we are entering a new age of drum corps. I didn't know that I agreed with that. I thought sure that the judges would not allow for much "movement" in scores from Prelims to Finals night. And I would have bet the title to my SUV that the Cadets would magically have moved up to third by Saturday, maybe even second. However, after watching several shows this year very carefully, I think that Drum Corps is in a great place and that the imagination of EVERY corps this season was wonderful to witness.

Congrats to all involved.......but my love and fascination to the *** *** ****** **** **** ******* Phantom ******* Regiment!!!!!!!!!!

:worthy:

p.s. -- STOP TALKING DURING THE **** SHOW....If I wanted to watch an interview of a housewife for Jerry Springer, I'll turn on my TV. Get the hint, put down the microphones, and allow us to hear the power/glory of your music and not confuse you for a ******* infomercial!!!!!! Remember to take care of yourself....and each other. :worthy: